- Career Opportunities
- Working in the Department
- Other Entry Pathways
- Overseas Candidates
- Infrastructure Careers
- Executive Employment Opportunities
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Entry Level Pathways
- Secondary School Work Experience
- Graduate Employment
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander recruitment
- Internship Program
- Pre Employment Declaration Form
- Undergraduate Vacation Employment Program
- DPTI Capability Framework
- Career Opportunities
- Annual report
- Open Government
- Social Media
- Government Employee Housing
- Office Accommodation Services
- Facilities Services
- Property Division
- Building Projects
- Emergency Maintenance
- Hazardous Materials
- AGFMA Information Systems
- Client Services
- AGFMA News
- Online Forms
- Contact Us
- Technical Guide Notes
- Future AGFMA
- Traffic Volumes
- Keeping Metro Traffic Moving
- Regional aviation funding
- Forecast Transport Data
- COVID-19 SA Border Information for Essential Travellers
- Getting your head around roundabouts
- National Safe Work Month 2020
- Remote Areas Consultative Group (RACG)
- A simpler way to navigate
- Keeping the point-to-point community COVID SAfe with Check-In QR codes
- Angle Vale School
- Aldinga School
Additional partial closures of the Gawler rail line
25 June 2020
The Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure (DPTI) advises that there will be a weekend partial Gawler rail line closure between the Adelaide Railway Station and Salisbury from first service, Saturday, 27 June to last service, Sunday, 28 June.
This closure is in place to take advantage of substantially lower patronage numbers due to the COVID-19 pandemic. All cancelled services will be replaced with substitute buses.
The closure is required to facilitate works for the Gawler Rail Electrification Project that cannot be safely undertaken with trains operating and to minimise the impact for customers. These works will include trenching within the rail corridor for the signalling system and the construction of concrete footings for overhead wiring masts.
Ongoing weeknight partial closures between Adelaide and Salisbury from 9pm each night until first service the following day remain in place until Friday, 3 July, inclusive.
As previously announced, there will be a partial Gawler rail line closure between Adelaide and Salisbury during the July school holidays from first service, Sunday, 5 July to last service, Sunday, 19 July.
There will also be a full Gawler rail line closure between Adelaide and Gawler on Sunday, 12 July.
For full public transport information please visit Adelaide Metro: www.adelaidemetro.com.au
DPTI thanks commuters for their patience while these works are undertaken.
The Australian and South Australian Governments are jointly funding the $615 million electrification and modernisation of the Gawler rail line, which will deliver a faster, cleaner and more reliable service, delivering an electrified network through Adelaide from Gawler to Seaford.
The project, which is expected to be completed in 2021, will support increased capacity and future growth for development along the rail corridor and in northern Adelaide.