Temporary closure of South Road (southbound) from Friday 12 October
8 October 2018
As part of the $801 million Torrens Road to River Torrens Project, South Road will be temporarily closed for southbound traffic between Hotchkiss Crescent, Croydon Park and West Thebarton Road, Thebarton from 7pm Friday, 12 October to 6am Monday, 15 October.
The closure is required to undertake finishing works, including pavement, asphalting and line marking.
Temporary traffic arrangements are as follows:
7pm Friday 12 October to 6am Monday 15 October
- The southbound lanes of South Road will be temporarily closed to traffic between Regency Road, Croydon Park and West Thebarton Road, Thebarton.
- The northbound lanes of South Road will remain open.
- The South Road intersection with Port Road will remain open.
- Hawker Street will be temporarily closed at the South Road intersection.
- Pym Street will be temporarily closed at the South Road intersection.
7pm Friday 12 October to 3pm Saturday 13 October
- City bound and westbound movements will remain open at the South Road intersections with Grange Road/Manton Street and Torrens Road.
3pm Saturday 13 October and 6am Monday 15 October
- The South Road intersections with Grange Road/Manton Street and Torrens Road will be temporarily closed to city bound and westbound traffic.
Details regarding detours for heavy and light vehicles are as follows:
- Alternate route for Light and Heavy vehicles from 7pm Friday12 October – 3pm Saturday 13 October
- Alternate route for Light and Heavy vehicles from 3pm Saturday 13 October – 6am Monday 15 October
Some bus routes will be detoured. For more information visit the Adelaide Metro website
Pedestrian access across South Road will be maintained, signage will be in place and traffic controllers will be available to provide assistance where required.
Cyclists should follow the detour routes for motorists or dismount and use the available pedestrian routes and crossings.
Businesses in the area will remain open, please support your local businesses.