- Career Opportunities
- Executive Employment Opportunities
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Entry Level Pathways
- Secondary School Work Experience
- Undergraduate Vacation Employment Program
- Graduate Employment
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander recruitment
- Internship Program
- Pre Employment Declaration Form
- DPTI Capability Framework
- Annual report
- Open Government
- Social Media Wall
- Government Employee Housing
- Office Accommodation Services
- Facilities Services
- Property Division
- Building Projects
- Department for Premier and Cabinet (DPC) Circular 028
- DPTI Star Rates - July 2019
- New Whyalla Secondary School Industry Briefing
- DPTI Industry Briefing - 2019
- New WCH - Consultant Industry Briefing - PSC Services - November 2019
- Future Tender Program - November 2019
- Building Projects Infrastructure Delivery - Overview of Role - Nov 19
- Future Tender Program - June 2020
- Future Tender Program - 8 July 2020
- Who We Are And What We Do
- Emergency Maintenance
- Hazardous Materials
- Strategic Asset Management (SAM)
- AGFMA Information Systems
- Client Services
- AGFMA News
- Online Forms
- Contact Us
- Technical Guide Notes
- Traffic Volumes
- Keeping Metro Traffic Moving
- Office of Local Government
- Gateway Reviews
- Regional aviation funding
- Forecast Transport Data
- COVID-19 SA Border Information for Essential Travellers
Temporary partial closures of the Gawler rail line
16 July 2020
The Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure (DPTI) advises that there will be temporary partial night and weekend closures of the Gawler rail line between Adelaide and Salisbury between July and October.
The partial closures are required to facilitate works for the Gawler Rail Electrification Project that cannot be safely undertaken with trains operating and have been scheduled to minimise the impact for customers.
All cancelled services will be replaced with substitute buses.
Partial weeknight closures between Adelaide and Salisbury
Works will be conducted from 9pm each weeknight until first service the following day between Tuesday, 21 July and Friday, 25 September, inclusive.
To facilitate these works, the Gawler rail line will be partially closed between Adelaide Railway Station and Salisbury Interchange with train services suspended each night between Adelaide and Salisbury from approximately 8:45pm until first service the next morning, with the following services cancelled and replaced with substitute buses:
Last full services to run:
- 8:20pm departing Adelaide
- 7:55pm departing Gawler Central.
|Adelaide to Salisbury||Salisbury to Adelaide|
Substitute bus services will operate as closely as possible to existing train timetables.
Trains will continue to operate between Salisbury Interchange and Gawler Central Railway Station during these night partial closures.
Weekend partial closures between Adelaide and Salisbury
There will be partial Gawler rail line closures between Adelaide Railway Station and Salisbury Interchange on the following weekends:
- From first service Saturday, 1 August to last service Sunday, 2 August
- From first service Saturday, 8 August to last service Sunday, 9 August
- From first service Saturday, 15 August to last service Sunday, 16 August
- From first service Saturday, 22 August to last service Sunday, 23 August
- From first service Saturday, 29 August to last service Sunday, 30 August
- From first service Saturday, 5 September to last service Sunday, 6 September
- From first service Saturday, 12 September to last service Sunday, 13 September
- From first service Saturday, 19 September to last service Sunday, 20 September.
There will be no closure on Saturday, 26 September, with full Gawler line services to run between Adelaide and Gawler Central from first service until last service.
A partial Gawler rail line closure between Adelaide and Salisbury has also been scheduled for the September/October school holidays from first service Sunday, 27 September to last service Sunday, 11 October.
Please note there may be further changes to night or weekend closures as the AFL fixture is released to avoid impacting AFL matches at Adelaide Oval.
For full public transport information please visit Adelaide Metro: www.adelaidemetro.com.au
DPTI thanks commuters for their patience while these works are undertaken.
The Australian and South Australian Governments are jointly funding the $615 million electrification and modernisation of the Gawler rail line, which will deliver a faster, cleaner and more reliable service, delivering an electrified network through Adelaide from Gawler to Seaford.
The project, which is expected to be completed in 2021, will support increased capacity and future growth for development along the rail corridor and in northern Adelaide.