- Career Opportunities
- Executive Employment Opportunities
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Entry Level Pathways
- Secondary School Work Experience
- Undergraduate Vacation Employment Program
- Graduate Employment
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander recruitment
- Internship Program
- Pre Employment Declaration Form
- DPTI Capability Framework
- Annual report
- Open Government
- Social Media Wall
- Government Employee Housing
- Office Accommodation Services
- Facilities Services
- Property Division
- Building Projects
- Department for Premier and Cabinet (DPC) Circular 028
- DPTI Star Rates - July 2019
- New Whyalla Secondary School Industry Briefing
- DPTI Industry Briefing - 2019
- New WCH - Consultant Industry Briefing - PSC Services - November 2019
- Future Tender Program - November 2019
- Building Projects Infrastructure Delivery - Overview of Role - Nov 19
- Future Tender Program - June 2020
- Future Tender Program - 8 July 2020
- Who We Are And What We Do
- Emergency Maintenance
- Hazardous Materials
- Strategic Asset Management (SAM)
- AGFMA Information Systems
- Client Services
- AGFMA News
- Online Forms
- Contact Us
- Traffic Volumes
- Keeping Metro Traffic Moving
- Office of Local Government
- Gateway Reviews
- Regional aviation funding
Late-night partial Gawler rail line closure
14 March 2020
The Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure (DPTI) advises that temporary partial night closures will be in place on the Gawler rail line between Adelaide and Salisbury from Monday, 16 March, to Thursday, 9 April, inclusive.
The partial night closures are required to facilitate works for the Gawler Rail Electrification Project that cannot be safely undertaken with trains operating and to minimise the impact for customers. These works will include trenching within the rail corridor for the signalling system and the construction of concrete footings for overhead wiring masts.
Works will be conducted from 9pm until first service the following day from Monday, 16 March. Services will resume as normal from first service on Friday, 10 April.
To facilitate these works, the Gawler rail line will be partially closed between Adelaide Railway Station and Salisbury Interchange with train services suspended each night between Adelaide and Salisbury from approximately 8:45pm until first service the next morning, with the following services cancelled and replaced with substitute buses:
Last full services to run –
– 8:20pm departing Adelaide
– 7:55 departing Gawler Central
Adelaide to Salisbury
Salisbury to Adelaide
Substitute bus services will operate as closely as possible to existing train timetables.
Trains will continue to operate between Salisbury Interchange and Gawler Central Railway Station during these night partial closures.
Please note: A partial closure of the Gawler rail line, between Adelaide and Salisbury station, will also be required from last service Friday, 10 April, to last service Friday, 24 April. During this time there will also be a weekend closure of the Gawler rail line (between Adelaide to Gawler Central Station) required from last service Friday, 17April, to last service Sunday, 19 April. This closure has been timed to coincide with the school holidays when patronage is lower.
For full public transport information please visit Adelaide Metro: www.adelaidemetro.com.au/
DPTI thanks commuters for their patience while these works are undertaken.
The Australian and South Australian Governments are jointly funding the $615 million electrification and modernisation of the Gawler rail line, which will deliver a faster, cleaner and more reliable service, delivering an electrified network through Adelaide from Gawler to Seaford. The project, which is expected to be completed in 2021, will support increased capacity and future growth for development along the rail corridor and in northern Adelaide.