- Career Opportunities
- Executive Employment Opportunities
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Entry Level Pathways
- Secondary School Work Experience
- Graduate Employment
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander recruitment
- Internship Program
- Pre Employment Declaration Form
- Undergraduate Vacation Employment Program
- DPTI Capability Framework
- Annual report
- Open Government
- Social Media Wall
- Government Employee Housing
- Office Accommodation Services
- Facilities Services
- Property Division
- Building Projects
- Department for Premier and Cabinet (DPC) Circular 028
- DPTI Star Rates - July 2019
- New Whyalla Secondary School Industry Briefing
- DPTI Industry Briefing - 2019
- New WCH - Consultant Industry Briefing - PSC Services - November 2019
- Future Tender Program - November 2019
- Building Projects Infrastructure Delivery - Overview of Role - Nov 19
- Future Tender Program - June 2020
- Future Tender Program - 8 July 2020
- Future Tender Program - 13 August 2020
- Future Tender program - 18 September 2020
- Future Tender Program - November 2020
- Future Tender Program - 4 March 2021
- Future Tender Program - 1 April 2021
- Who We Are And What We Do
- Emergency Maintenance
- Hazardous Materials
- Strategic Asset Management (SAM)
- AGFMA Information Systems
- Client Services
- AGFMA News
- Online Forms
- Contact Us
- Technical Guide Notes
- Future AGFMA
- Traffic Volumes
- Keeping Metro Traffic Moving
- Office of Local Government
- Gateway Reviews
- Regional aviation funding
- Forecast Transport Data
- COVID-19 SA Border Information for Essential Travellers
- Getting your head around roundabouts
- National Safe Work Month 2020
- Remote Areas Consultative Group (RACG)
Flinders Link Project – Temporary closure of Sturt Road, Bedford Park
18 February 2020
As part of the Flinders Link Project, Sturt Road, between Laffer Drive and Bradley Grove, will be closed in both directions from 8pm, Friday, 21 February, to 6am, Monday, 24 February, for the installation of steel beam bridge girders to form the base of the elevated bridge deck.
The temporary closure is required to lift four bridge girders and a number of pre-cast concrete deck panels into place.
In total, 20 steel beam bridge girders, ranging in length between 30 and 50 metres, will form the 10 spans to be installed as part of the project.
Each span requires two bridge girders to be lifted into place using two cranes. The girders are then placed on top of the piers (upright supports) or at the abutments (each end of bridge structure) to form the base of the bridge deck.
From 8pm, Friday, 21 February, to 6am, Monday, 24 February, Sturt Road between Laffer Drive and Bradley Grove will be closed in both directions.
During the temporary road closure the following detours and traffic restrictions will be in place:
- Westbound access along Sturt Road will be detoured via Main South Road and Seacombe Road.
- Eastbound access along Sturt Road will be detoured via Marion Road and Main South Road.
Access for emergency services vehicles will be maintained at all times during the temporary closure. On-site traffic controllers will be in place to direct vehicles as required.
Access for residents and businesses will be maintained at all times during the temporary closure.
Motorists will be able to access the Sturt Road businesses at the corner of Main South Road and Sturt Road via the temporary U-turn facility on Sturt Road near Laffer Drive.
Tonsley residents will have access via Maple Avenue (left in only) and the new Mimosa Terrace/Sutton Road signalised intersection.
To travel westbound on Sturt Road, Tonsley residents will be required to turn right onto Main South Road via the new Mimosa Terrace/Sutton Road signalised intersection and follow the detour via Main South Road and Seacombe Road.
Westbound access to Laffer Drive will still be maintained from Sturt Road and a temporary right turn will be available from Laffer Drive.
Pedestrians are reminded to keep clear of the work zones, however traffic management will be in place throughout the closure to assist with pedestrian movements. Cyclists will be detoured as per the detour for motorists.
Stop 28 on Sturt Road (eastbound) and stop 27 Sturt Road (westbound) will be closed. Stops 29 to 29D will only be serviced by some bus services. For further information regarding changes to bus stops, detours and timetables please visit www.adelaidemetro.com.au
Please plan ahead, allow extra travel time, take extra care when workers are on site and observe speed and lane restrictions when travelling through the area.
The Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure appreciates your cooperation and patience while these important works are undertaken.
For more information on the Flinders Link Project visit https://www.dpti.sa.gov.au/infrastructure/major_projects/flinders_link