Catch extra Adelaide Metro services to see Santa
1 November 2019
No need to ride your one-horse open sleigh, Adelaide Metro is providing extra buses, trains and trams to get you to and from this year’s National Pharmacies Christmas Pageant on Saturday, November 9.
Normal Adelaide Metro fares will apply for all services and customers are encouraged to pre-purchase their metroCARD or tickets to avoid boarding delays on the day.
A daytrip ticket is recommended for families attending the pageant with children – on weekends two children under 15 years of age can travel free when accompanied by an adult using a daytrip ticket.
Please note that children under five years old travel free on public transport at all times. If you travel with a pram or stroller, it is appreciated if you could fold it down prior to boarding to make room for those who are Claus-trophobic.
To accommodate road closures as Santa makes his way through the CBD, the following tram services will be altered:
- Tram services will not operate between South Terrace and Adelaide Railway Station until approximately 1:30pm.
- Festival Plaza will not be serviced before and during the Pageant, with first tram to Festival Plaza departing Glenelg at approximately 1:07pm.
- Botanic Gardens will not be serviced before and during the Pageant, with the line commencing operation from approximately 2pm.
- Services will operate from Glenelg to South Terrace from approximately 6:20am, running every six minutes until approximately 1:20pm.
- Services will operate from Entertainment Centre to Adelaide Railway Station from approximately 6:30am, running every six minutes until approximately 1:23pm.
- Services will resume from Glenelg to Entertainment Centre/Royal Adelaide Hospital from approximately 1:02pm, arriving at the Adelaide Railway Station at 1:43pm and at the Entertainment Centre at 1:55pm.
- Services will resume from Entertainment Centre to Glenelg from approximately 1:23pm, arriving at the Adelaide Railway Station at 1:35pm and Glenelg at 2:15pm.
Normal weekend timetables for tram services will operate from approximately 2pm.
Adelaide Metro customers should also check the Adelaide Metro website as there will be a number of bus detours in place around the city on Pageant day.
Download metroMATE – the official Adelaide Metro app – for Apple or Android to plan your journey to the pageant or find your location to see your next service in real time.
For more details about bus, train and tram services visit the Adelaide Metro website or call the Adelaide Metro Infoline on 1300 311 108.
The department ho-ho-hopes you enjoy this year’s Christmas Pageant.