Darlington Upgrade Project – Weekend traffic changes
25 October 2019
Traffic changes will be in place this weekend for the Darlington Upgrade Project, impacting multiple roads, as works continue on resurfacing and piling.
Lane restrictions and changes are implemented on Main South Road near Flinders Drive, with other weekend restrictions to occur from later tonight, Friday, 25 October.
Shepherds Hill, Ayliffes & South Road intersection
8pm, Friday, 25 October, until 6am, Monday, 28 October.
The following access will be impacted, with detours in place:
- Access to Shepherds Hill Road will not be available from South Road and Ayliffes Road.
- Access to South Road (northbound) and Ayliffes Road will not be available from Shepherds Hill Road.
- Access to the lowered motorway will not be available from Ayliffes Road.
- Detour information is available here.
- Some bus routes will be detouring. Please visit www.adelaidemetro.com.au for further information.
Main South Road, Bedford Park South
8pm, Saturday, 26 October, until 6am, Monday, 28 October
- The southbound kerbside lane of Main South Road will be closed between Riverside Drive and south of Brookside Road.
- All current movements will remain available at the junction of Main South Road and Franklin Avenue, and access to all Main South Road businesses will be maintained at all times.
Southern Expressway access via the Main South Road on-ramp, from Flinders Drive
Ongoing until late November
- Motorists accessing the Southern Expressway will need to enter the lowered motorway at the Ayliffes Road and South Road intersection, or access via the Marion Road on-ramp.
- Motorists will still be able to turn left out of Flinders Drive to enter the lowered motorway.
- Lane closures will also be in place on the southbound carriageway of Main South Road, between Sturt Road and Flinders Drive, to safely accommodate the piling rig and construction activities.
- Two lanes of southbound traffic through this section of Main South Road will reduce to one lane between the hours of 8pm-6am each night.
Please plan ahead, allow extra travel time and observe on site signage and traffic controllers.
For more information on the Darlington Upgrade Project visit https://dpti.sa.gov.au/infrastructure/nsc/darlington_upgrade_project