- Career Opportunities
- Executive Employment Opportunities
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Entry Level Pathways
- Secondary School Work Experience
- Graduate Employment
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander recruitment
- Internship Program
- Pre Employment Declaration Form
- Undergraduate Vacation Employment Program
- DPTI Capability Framework
- Annual report
- Open Government
- Social Media
- Government Employee Housing
- Office Accommodation Services
- Facilities Services
- Property Division
- Building Projects
- Department for Premier and Cabinet (DPC) Circular 028
- DPTI Star Rates - July 2019
- New Whyalla Secondary School Industry Briefing
- DPTI Industry Briefing - 2019
- New WCH - Consultant Industry Briefing - PSC Services - November 2019
- Future Tender Program - November 2019
- Building Projects Infrastructure Delivery - Overview of Role - Nov 19
- Future Tender Program - June 2020
- Future Tender Program - 8 July 2020
- Future Tender Program - 13 August 2020
- Future Tender program - 18 September 2020
- Future Tender Program - November 2020
- Future Tender Program - 4 March 2021
- Future Tender Program - 1 April 2021
- Future Tender Program - May 2021
- Who We Are And What We Do
- Emergency Maintenance
- Hazardous Materials
- Strategic Asset Management (SAM)
- AGFMA Information Systems
- Client Services
- AGFMA News
- Online Forms
- Contact Us
- Technical Guide Notes
- Future AGFMA
- Traffic Volumes
- Keeping Metro Traffic Moving
- Office of Local Government
- Gateway Reviews
- Regional aviation funding
- Forecast Transport Data
- COVID-19 SA Border Information for Essential Travellers
- Getting your head around roundabouts
- National Safe Work Month 2020
- Remote Areas Consultative Group (RACG)
New camera and larger signage to help reduce road trauma
24 October 2019
A new speed and red light camera will be activated at the Main North Road and Kings Road intersection, Parafield, this week in an effort to reduce road trauma.
The new camera is also accompanied by a large “red light and speed camera ahead” sign which is part of a State Government roll-out announced to ensure greater awareness of fixed camera locations.
These larger signs will be installed at all fixed speed and red light camera locations throughout the state by the end of the year.
The new camera and signage in Parafield will improve safety for all road users by targeting drivers who run red lights and speed through the intersection.
Crashes at the Main North Road and Kings Road intersection in Parafield, between 2013 and 2017, resulted in one fatality, two serious injuries and 42 minor injuries.
This new camera is one of two that were installed to replace decommissioned speed cameras at Glover Avenue, Mile End (Bakewell Underpass) and Frederick Road, Seaton.
The other camera is located at the Hampstead Road/Folland Avenue intersection, Northfield, and has already been activated.
A recent speed camera audit in South Australia, which evaluated cameras at 35 intersections, found there was a 21 per cent decrease in injury crashes in the five years after installation compared with the five years before it.
Potential camera locations are identified on a number of factors, including injury crash numbers, driver behaviour and the presence of vulnerable road users. Sites must also be suitable for the installation and operation of a camera.
More information about the camera site selection process can be found at: https://speedcameras.sa.gov.au/how_fixed_camera_locations_are_chosen