Safety improvements at Greenhill Road and Portrush Road intersection
2 October 2019
Works to widen the left-turn lane on Greenhill Road (eastern approach) at the intersection of Portrush Road will commence Tuesday, 8 October.
Night works will be undertaken each night for approximately two weeks between 7pm and 6am, weather permitting.
Works will include:
- Widening the left turn lane
- Increasing the length of the bicycle lane on the eastern side of Greenhill Road
- Pedestrian ramp relocations on the southeast corner of the intersection
- Traffic signal relocation
- Line marking for cyclists
Speed and lane restrictions will be in place during construction and motorists are advised to drive with care while workers are on site.
The $165,000 South Australian Government-funded project will improve safety for cyclists by increasing the space between vehicles turning east and cyclists.