Temporary partial closure of Ayliffes, Main South and Shepherds Hill Roads Intersection
31 August 2018
As part of the Darlington Upgrade Project, the intersection of Ayliffes Road, Main South Road and Shepherds Hill Road will be partially closed from 8pm, Friday, 7 September until 6am, Monday, 10 September.
This closure will allow for the installation of the northern section of the bridge and will carry northbound traffic from Main South Road onto Ayliffes Road.
The northern section of the bridge has been constructed off-site using the same method as the Main South Road bridges over the Southern Expressway. The southern section of this bridge will be constructed using traditional processes where the structure is built on-site in position from the ground up.
Main South Road and South Road
- Traffic will be reduced to one lane in each direction between Sturt Road and Tobruk Avenue.
- Ayliffes Road will be closed to traffic between intersection of Main South Road and Norman Street, St Marys.
- A single eastbound lane will be maintained to provide access to businesses on the northern side of Ayliffes Road.
- Westbound traffic will be directed to perform a U-turn on Ayliffes Road to head back in an eastbound direction towards Fiveash Drive
Shepherds Hill Road
- Motorists will not be able to enter Shepherds Hill Road from Ayliffes Road, South Road or Main South Road.
- Shepherds Hill Road will be closed to northbound traffic at Burbank Avenue and will be required to perform a U-turn to head back in a southbound direction
- Motorists are encouraged to use the Marion Road entry/exit to the Southern Expressway rather than the Main South Road entry/exit during this time.
Access for emergency vehicles in all directions will be maintained at all times.
Motorists are encouraged to plan ahead and familiarise themselves with these changes. Please visit the Darlington Upgrade Project website for more detailed information
We thank motorists for their patience while these important works are undertaken.