- Career Opportunities
- Executive Employment Opportunities
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Entry Level Pathways
- Secondary School Work Experience
- Graduate Employment
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander recruitment
- Internship Program
- Pre Employment Declaration Form
- Undergraduate Vacation Employment Program
- DPTI Capability Framework
- Annual report
- Open Government
- Social Media
- Government Employee Housing
- Office Accommodation Services
- Facilities Services
- Property Division
- Building Projects
- Department for Premier and Cabinet (DPC) Circular 028
- DPTI Star Rates - July 2019
- New Whyalla Secondary School Industry Briefing
- DPTI Industry Briefing - 2019
- New WCH - Consultant Industry Briefing - PSC Services - November 2019
- Future Tender Program - November 2019
- Building Projects Infrastructure Delivery - Overview of Role - Nov 19
- Future Tender Program - June 2020
- Future Tender Program - 8 July 2020
- Future Tender Program - 13 August 2020
- Future Tender program - 18 September 2020
- Future Tender Program - November 2020
- Future Tender Program - 4 March 2021
- Future Tender Program - 1 April 2021
- Future Tender Program - June 2021
- Who We Are And What We Do
- Emergency Maintenance
- Hazardous Materials
- Strategic Asset Management (SAM)
- AGFMA Information Systems
- Client Services
- AGFMA News
- Online Forms
- Contact Us
- Technical Guide Notes
- Future AGFMA
- Traffic Volumes
- Keeping Metro Traffic Moving
- Office of Local Government
- Gateway Reviews
- Regional aviation funding
- Forecast Transport Data
- COVID-19 SA Border Information for Essential Travellers
- Getting your head around roundabouts
- National Safe Work Month 2020
- Remote Areas Consultative Group (RACG)
- A simpler way to navigate
Be proactive and nominate to stand for this year’s Local Government elections
17 August 2018
If you are passionate about your neighbourhood and interested in representing your community, you might like to think about nominating in the 2018 council elections.
Many of the services and facilities available in your community are provided by your council, however most of the services are chosen by the elected members of the council based on community needs.
Being an elected member is considered to be a privileged position and one of the most direct ways that you can influence decisions that affect the quality of life in your local area.
As community leaders, elected members have a wide range of responsibilities, including representing the interests of electors, making decisions about community assets such as playgrounds, parks, roads or large infrastructure, and making judgements about competing pressures and demands on resources of the council.
Nominations to stand for election open on Tuesday 4 September and close midday Tuesday 18 September 2018.
Councils are hosting information sessions for people interested in nominating for council.
Candidate Information Kits are available from local council or the Electoral Commission of SA.
Keep an eye on your local newspapers and your councils’ websites for more information.
Voting in council elections will close 5pm Friday 9 November 2018.
Further details on council elections can be found on the Local Government Association website at www.lga.sa.gov.au/councilelections