Heysen Tunnels routine maintenance works
26 Apr 2018
Motorists are advised there will be partial closures of the Heysen Tunnels next week to allow crews to carry out wall cleaning and essential safety maintenance for electrical systems, including the ventilation, lighting, fire detection and emergency management systems.
Every effort is made to reduce the impact on motorists by conducting these work during off peak times.
The below lane restrictions and applicable detours will be in place:
Wednesday, 2nd May
- Crafers bound tunnel lane restrictions (closure of one lane) from 8:30am until 3:30pm
- Adelaide bound tunnel lane restrictions (closure of one lane) from 9:00am until 5:00pm
Thursday, 3rd May
- Adelaide bound tunnel lane restrictions (closure of two lanes) from 6:00pm Thursday 3rd May until 3:00am Friday 4th May
- Crafers bound tunnel lane restrictions (closure of two lanes) from 9:00pm Thursday 3rd May until 3:00am Friday 4th May
Friday, 4th May and Saturday, 5th May
- Adelaide bound traffic will be detoured via Eagle on the Hill from 7:00pm Friday, 4th May until 8:00am Saturday, 5th May
- Crafers bound traffic will be diverted into one lane of the Adelaide bound tunnel from 9:00pm on Friday, 4th May until 8:00am Saturday, 5th May
Emergency vehicles will have access to the tunnels at all times. Speed restrictions will be in place at this location while the maintenance work is undertaken.
The safety of workers and the general public is paramount so please take care when travelling through work zones.
For real time roadwork information download the AddInsight app for Apple (https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/addinsight/id1099048200) or Android (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=au.gov.sa.addinsight), or visit the Traffic SA website at www.traffic.sa.gov.au.
The Department of Planning, Transport, and Infrastructure (DPTI) thanks motorists for their patience.