- Career Opportunities
- Executive Employment Opportunities
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Entry Level Pathways
- Secondary School Work Experience
- Graduate Employment
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander recruitment
- Internship Program
- Pre Employment Declaration Form
- DPTI Capability Framework
- Annual report
- Open Government
- Social Media Wall
- Government Employee Housing
- Office Accommodation Services
- Facilities Services
- Property Division
- Building Projects
- Department for Premier and Cabinet (DPC) Circular 028
- DPTI Star Rates - July 2019
- New Whyalla Secondary School Industry Briefing
- DPTI Industry Briefing - 2019
- New WCH - Consultant Industry Briefing - PSC Services - November 2019
- Future Tender Program - November 2019
- Building Projects Infrastructure Delivery - Overview of Role - Nov 19
- Future Tender Program - June 2020
- Future Tender Program - 8 July 2020
- Future Tender Program - 13 August 2020
- Future Tender program - 18 September 2020
- Who We Are And What We Do
- Emergency Maintenance
- Hazardous Materials
- Strategic Asset Management (SAM)
- AGFMA Information Systems
- Client Services
- AGFMA News
- Online Forms
- Contact Us
- Technical Guide Notes
- Future AGFMA
- Traffic Volumes
- Keeping Metro Traffic Moving
- Office of Local Government
- Gateway Reviews
- Regional aviation funding
- Forecast Transport Data
- COVID-19 SA Border Information for Essential Travellers
- Getting your head around roundabouts
Safety upgrade for all road users begins on Hart Street, Semaphore
24 April 2018
The Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure (DPTI) will be undertaking works to improve safety for all road users on Hart Street between the Jervois Bridge and Military Road, Semaphore and complete the cycling network between Port Adelaide and the Coast Park, Semaphore South.
Following Community Information Sessions being held later this month and in early May, construction is scheduled to commence in mid-2018 with an expected completion date in the last quarter of 2018, weather permitting.
DPTI will be undertaking a number of treatments, including a reduction in the number of traffic lanes on Hart Street to achieve road safety improvements and enhance the street’s appeal and amenity.
The project will install protected bicycle lanes for the length of Hart Street between the Jervois Bridge and Military Road. The bicycle lanes in the westbound direction will be separated from motor vehicle traffic by flexi-posts and parked cars. Due to conflicts with driveways, the bicycle lane in the eastbound direction will be separated from traffic by line marking.
The project works will also:
- Upgrade the streetscape including upgraded LED street lighting and central median landscaping.
- Install kerb extensions to reduce pedestrian crossing distances at the intersection of Hart Street and Carlisle Street
- Install new pedestrian refuges to improve safety for pedestrians crossing Hart Street
- Reduce the posted speed limit on Hart Street from 60kph to 50kph.
This project will be funded by the State Government’s $1.4 million Cycling and Pedestrian Safety – Improve Safety for Vulnerable Road Users Program.
The City of Port Adelaide Enfield are contributing to this project through the design and implementation of landscaping components.
Community Information Sessions for the project will be held at the Port Adelaide and Districts Hockey Club, John Hart Reserve, Semaphore on:
- Monday 30 April from 2pm – 4pm
- Tuesday 1 May from 10am – midday
- Wednesday 2 May from 6pm – 8pm.
Feedback can be provided via:
- telephone: 1300 794 880
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- the online feedback form at www.dpti.sa.gov.au/infrastructure/hartstreet
Further details about the project and a concept plan are available at www.dpti.sa.gov.au/infrastructure/hartstreet