Temporary closure of South Road southbound for T2T works this weekend
11 January 2018
As part of the $801 million Torrens Road to River Torrens Project, pavement and asphalt works will be undertaken in the southbound lanes of South Road between Hawker Street and Port Road this weekend.
Northbound lanes on South Road will remain open and bus routes will remain unchanged.
The following traffic restrictions will be in place from 7pm Friday 12 January to 6am Monday 15 January 2018, weather permitting:
- Right turns from South Road in to Hawker Street will be maintained.
- No u-turns will be permitted.
- Right turns from Hawker Street on to South Road will be maintained.
- Left turns from Hawker Street on to South Road will be temporarily closed.
- A temporary u-turn facility will be available at Hawker Street for southbound traffic on South Road to travel northbound.
- Pedestrian access will be maintained on the eastern side of South Road under the direction of traffic controllers.
- The Cedar Avenue pedestrian bridge will be intermittently closed and pedestrians are advised to use the pedestrian crossing at Hawker Street.
- Cyclists should follow detour routes for motorists or dismount and use the available pedestrian access/crossings.
Signage will be in place to alert road users to the changed traffic conditions and traffic delays can be expected.
Businesses in the area will remain open. Please support your local businesses.
For further information about these works, including the latest traffic arrangements, please visit www.t2talliance.com.au/traffic.
For real time roadwork information download the AddInsight app for Apple (https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/addinsight/id1099048200) or Android (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=au.gov.sa.addinsight), or visit the Traffic SA website at www.traffic.sa.gov.au.
Thank you for your patience whilst these important works are undertaken.