Prequalification for Transport and Building Infrastructure
Prequalification is a system which ensures that only appropriately skilled and experienced companies are permitted to submit tenders to DPTI in certain categories of contract.
To become prequalified, a company must demonstrate that they have the experience, technical capacity, available resources and management systems necessary to competently undertake the work. A company may apply for prequalification in any category at any time. Prequalification is available at various levels that reflect the complexity and value of contracts that a company will be permitted to tender for. When a contract is advertised, the Request for Tender will specify the level of prequalification required.
Prequalification does not replace effective post-tender assessment or sound contract management. It only represents a right to submit a tender. For each tender assessment, DPTI will take into account factors such as proposed methodology, resources allocated and past company performance when determining which company will be successful.
Prequalification at the higher level will automatically qualify a contractor to tender for work in a lower category. For contracts of high value or complexity, a pre-registration process (ie seeking Expressions of Interest) instead of, or in addition to, prequalification may apply.
- This prequalification system has been designed for DPTI's own use under the supervision of experienced professionals. While other organisations may reference this prequalification system, DPTI assumes no responsibility whatsoever to any other party in any matter associated with this prequalification system. DPTI does not represent or warrant that any of the prequalified companies are technically capable or suitable for any non-DPTI project. Any organisation seeking to deal with prequalified companies must rely on its own enquiries and bears all risks associated with the use of this prequalification system. By downloading any document from this site, you acknowledge and agree to DPTI's Disclaimer
- If you reference this prequalification system for non-DPTI projects, you are advised to undertake your own assessment of a company's financial stability.
PREQUALIFICATION FOR BUILDING WORK
Prequalification is open to trade contractors, general building contractors and professional services contractors.
Note: subcontractors fabricating structural steelwork for SA Government projects must be certified in the appropriate category under the National Structural Steelwork Compliance Scheme (NSSCS)
|Guidelines||Application Form||Performance Report Proforma||Financial Details Form||Referee Details Form|
General Building and Trades: Categories 1, 2, 3 and 4
General Building and Trades Categories 4M & 4MA ($50,000 to $250,000)
Professional Services Contractor:
Applications and Enquiries should be made to: DPTI.Prequal@sa.gov.au
(08) 8343 2030
If the application file size exceeds 10mb, save onto a USB memory device or CD (do not submit a paper copy) and either:
- post to GPO Box 1533, ADELAIDE SA 5001; or
- deliver to 77 Grenfell Street, ADELAIDE SA 5000.
Click here Click here for the Conditions of Prequalification, which includes the review and appeal processes.
Contractors seeking to tender for South Australia Government Non-residential building contracts $50 million and over must be prequalified under the Building National Prequalification System (NPS). click here for further information.
PREQUALIFICATION FOR TRANSPORT INFRASTRUCTURE
Prequalification is available in the following categories:
Roadworks and Bridgeworks|
(National Prequalification System)*
|Guidelines||Application Form||Companies Register|
|Bituminous Works||Guidelines||Application Form||Companies Register|
|Pavement Materials||Guidelines||Application Form||Companies Register|
|Repair or Upgrading of Marine Structures||Guidelines||Application Form||Companies Register|
|Manufacture of Road Signs||Guidelines||Application Form||Companies Register|
|Landscaping||Guidelines||Application Form||Companies Register|
|Transport Planning & Road Design||Guidelines||Application Form||Companies Register|
|Arboriculture||Guidelines||Application Form||Companies Register|
|Workzone Traffic Management||Guidelines||Application Form||Companies Register|
|Directional Boring||Guidelines||Application Form||Companies Register|
|Pavement Marking: refer www.apas.gov.au/pccp|
Enquiries should be directed to: DPTI.Prequal@sa.gov.au or phone (08) 8343 2029.
* Note: Companies who obtain prequalification with another participating authority under the National Prequalification System may apply for registration of that prequalification with DPTI. Click here for the registration form. Click here to link to the Austroads internet site, which has further details abut the National Prequalification System.
PREQUALIFICATION OF ROAD SAFETY AUDITORS AND VEHICLE ROUTE ASSESSORS
Click here for the guidelines and application/maintenance form for Senior Road Safety Auditor prequalification.
For a fact sheet about Restricted Access Vehicle Route Assessment and becoming a Route Assessor Click here
For the guidelines and application/maintenance form for Restricted Access Vehicle Route Assessor prequalification Click here .
To view the register Click here .