Marine Guide to Government
Department of Primary Industries & Resources (PIRSA)
Outline of maritime-related activities
- regulation and compliance enforcement of commercial, recreational and charter fishing
- licensing of commercial and charter fishing and issue of permits for other commercial activities for the take of fish
- lead state agency for management of introduced marine pests, including ballast water management, marine pest incursion response, and state input to development of national approaches.
- facilitate protection of critical fish habitats, including declaration of new aquatic reserve areas and encourage appropriate management of development adjacent to critical habitats.
- input to National Plan to Combat Pollution of the Sea by Oil and Noxious Substances.
- licensing and leasing of aquaculture activities;
- environmental monitoring and assessment;
Other South Australian Departments/Agencies
- Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure (DPTI)
- Department of Further Education, Employment, Science & Technology (DFEEST)
- Department of Administrative and Information Services (DAIS)
- Department of Primary Industries & Resources (PIRSA)
- Department for Environment and Heritage (DEH)
- Environment Protection Authority (EPA)
- Port Operators
- Service SA
- South Australian Tourism Commission (Tourism SA)