- Career Opportunities
- Executive Employment Opportunities
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Entry Level Pathways
- Secondary School Work Experience
- Graduate Employment
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander recruitment
- Internship Program
- Pre Employment Declaration Form
- Undergraduate Vacation Employment Program
- DPTI Capability Framework
- Annual report
- Open Government
- Social Media Wall
- Government Employee Housing
- Office Accommodation Services
- Facilities Services
- Property Division
- Building Projects
- Department for Premier and Cabinet (DPC) Circular 028
- DPTI Star Rates - July 2019
- New Whyalla Secondary School Industry Briefing
- DPTI Industry Briefing - 2019
- New WCH - Consultant Industry Briefing - PSC Services - November 2019
- Future Tender Program - November 2019
- Building Projects Infrastructure Delivery - Overview of Role - Nov 19
- Future Tender Program - June 2020
- Future Tender Program - 8 July 2020
- Future Tender Program - 13 August 2020
- Future Tender program - 18 September 2020
- Future Tender Program - November 2020
- Future Tender Program - February 2021
- Who We Are And What We Do
- Emergency Maintenance
- Hazardous Materials
- Strategic Asset Management (SAM)
- AGFMA Information Systems
- Client Services
- AGFMA News
- Online Forms
- Contact Us
- Technical Guide Notes
- Future AGFMA
- Traffic Volumes
- Keeping Metro Traffic Moving
- Office of Local Government
- Gateway Reviews
- Regional aviation funding
- Forecast Transport Data
- COVID-19 SA Border Information for Essential Travellers
- Getting your head around roundabouts
- National Safe Work Month 2020
- Remote Areas Consultative Group (RACG)
Flinders Link – weekend road closures for bridge girder installation
3 January 2020
As part of the Flinders Link Project, the Southern Expressway (lowered motorway) will be closed in both directions and the Main South Road (southbound) surface road will also be closed between Sturt Road and Flinders Drive from 8pm, Friday, 10 January 2020.
Steel beam bridge girders are required to be installed across Main South Road and the Southern Expressway (lowered motorway) to form the base of the elevated bridge deck.
Weekend closure 10 – 13 January 2020
From 8pm, Friday, 10 January, to 6am on Monday, 13 January 2020, the Southern Expressway (lowered motorway) will be closed in both directions.
From 8pm, Friday, 10 January, to 8pm on Saturday, 11 January 2020, the Main South Road (southbound) surface road will also be closed between Sturt Road and Flinders Drive.
Access will be maintained via the northbound and southbound surface roads all weekend except during the closure of the Main South Road (southbound) surface road, 8pm, Friday, 10 January, to 8pm, Saturday, 11 January, when motorists will be required to detour via Sturt Road and Marion Road.
The Southern Expressway, south of Marion Road, will remain operational with southbound traffic required to enter at the Marion Road ramp or via the on ramp from Flinders Drive.
Access for Emergency Services vehicles will be maintained at all times during the closures.
During the Main South Road (southbound) surface road closure (10 – 11 January 2020), access to the hospital for southbound motorists will be via Sturt Road, then left onto Laffer Drive.
There is no change to access for pedestrians and cyclists.
In total, 20 steel beam bridge girders, ranging in length between 30 and 50 metres, will form the 10 spans to be installed as part of the project.
Each span requires two bridge girders to be lifted into place using two cranes. The girders are then placed on top of the piers (upright supports) or at the abutments (each end of bridge structure) to form the base of the bridge deck.
A closure for the Main South Road (northbound) surface road between Marion Road and Sturt Road will be required the following weekend from 17 – 20 January 2020. Advance notice will be provided.
Please plan ahead, allow extra travel time, take extra care when workers are on site and observe speed and lane restrictions when travelling through the area.
For more information on the Flinders Link Project visit dpti.sa.gov.au/FlindersLink