Heysen Tunnels routine maintenance works
31 October 2018
Motorists are advised there will be partial closures of the Heysen Tunnels next week to allow crews to carry out wall cleaning and essential safety maintenance for electrical systems, including the ventilation, lighting, fire detection and emergency management systems.
Every effort is made to reduce the impact on motorists by conducting these work during off peak times.
The below restrictions and applicable detours will be in place:
Wednesday, 7 November
- Crafers bound tunnel lane restrictions (closure of one lane) from 7:30am until 3:00pm.
- Adelaide bound tunnel lane restrictions (closure of one lane) from 9:00am until 5:00pm.
Thursday, 8 November
- Adelaide bound tunnel lane restrictions (closure of two lanes) from 5:00pm Thursday, 8 November, until 5:00am Friday, 9 November
- Crafers bound tunnel lane restrictions (closure of two lanes) from 8:00pm Thursday, 8 November, until 6:00am Friday, 9 November
Friday, 9 November and Saturday, 10 November
- Adelaide bound tunnel lane restrictions will apply from 5.00pm Friday, 9 November. A full closure of the Adelaide bound tunnel will be in place from 7.00pm with traffic detoured via Eagle on the Hill until 7:00am Saturday, 10 November.
- Crafers bound traffic will be reduced to a single lane from 8:00pm Friday, 9 November. During the night the single lane Crafers bound traffic will be diverted to contra flow in the Adelaide bound tunnel until 7:00am Saturday, 10 November.
Emergency vehicles will have access to the tunnels at all times. Speed restrictions will be in place at this location while the maintenance work is undertaken.
The safety of workers and the general public is paramount so please take care when travelling through work zones.
The Department of Planning, Transport, and Infrastructure (DPTI) thanks motorists for their patience.