Changes to traffic conditions for Bedford Park
23 May 2018
Major changes to traffic conditions will be in place through and around the intersection of Sturt Road and Main South Road, Bedford Park from 8pm Friday 25 May until 8pm Sunday 27 May 2018, for the Darlington Upgrade Project.
The changes will enable the installation of beams for the new Sturt Road bridge.
Traffic Management will include:
- Lane closures on the eastbound and westbound approaches of Sturt Road
- Closure of the eastbound carriageway of Sturt Road through the intersection with Main South Road. Eastbound traffic will be redirected onto the westbound carriageway
- Southbound traffic on Main South Road through the worksite will be reduced to two lanes as required during the weekend
- All traffic movements will be maintained through the intersection
- Emergency services and bus access will be maintained at all times
Speed and lane restrictions will apply in the vicinity of the works and signage will be in place to alert motorists of the changed traffic conditions. Road users are requested to take extra care when workers are on site, and observe traffic signage and restrictions.
Please note that minor traffic restrictions will be in place through the intersection from 8pm Friday 1 June until 8pm Sunday 3 June to complete the works.
DPTI thanks road users for their patience while these important works are undertaken.