- Career Opportunities
- Executive Employment Opportunities
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Entry Level Pathways
- Secondary School Work Experience
- Graduate Employment
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander recruitment
- Internship Program
- Pre Employment Declaration Form
- Undergraduate Vacation Employment Program
- DPTI Capability Framework
- Annual report
- Open Government
- Social Media Wall
- Government Employee Housing
- Office Accommodation Services
- Facilities Services
- Property Division
- Building Projects
- Department for Premier and Cabinet (DPC) Circular 028
- DPTI Star Rates - July 2019
- New Whyalla Secondary School Industry Briefing
- DPTI Industry Briefing - 2019
- New WCH - Consultant Industry Briefing - PSC Services - November 2019
- Future Tender Program - November 2019
- Building Projects Infrastructure Delivery - Overview of Role - Nov 19
- Future Tender Program - June 2020
- Future Tender Program - 8 July 2020
- Future Tender Program - 13 August 2020
- Future Tender program - 18 September 2020
- Future Tender Program - November 2020
- Who We Are And What We Do
- Emergency Maintenance
- Hazardous Materials
- Strategic Asset Management (SAM)
- AGFMA Information Systems
- Client Services
- AGFMA News
- Online Forms
- Contact Us
- Technical Guide Notes
- Future AGFMA
- Traffic Volumes
- Keeping Metro Traffic Moving
- Office of Local Government
- Gateway Reviews
- Regional aviation funding
- Forecast Transport Data
- COVID-19 SA Border Information for Essential Travellers
- Getting your head around roundabouts
- National Safe Work Month 2020
- Remote Areas Consultative Group (RACG)
Flinders Link Project – Elevated bridge girder installation
28 November 2019
As part of the Flinders Link Project, the Main South Road (southbound) surface road between Sturt Road and Flinders Drive will be closed from 8pm, Friday, 6 December to 6am, Monday, 9 December.
20 bridge girders, ranging in length between 30-50 metres, are required to be installed to form the base of the elevated bridge deck. The girders, which will form the 10 spans, will be lifted into place with two cranes, and placed on top of the piers and abutments at each end of the bridge structure.
As part of this weekend closure, two of the girders and a number of pre-cast concrete deck panels are required to be lifted into place across the Main South Road (southbound) surface road.
A detour for southbound traffic on Main South Road will be in place via Sturt Road and Marion Road.
The Southern Expressway will remain operational, with southbound traffic to enter at the Marion Road Ramp. Access to the lowered motorway from the Flinders Drive on ramp will be maintained.
Access for emergency services vehicles will be maintained at all times. Northbound motorists will still have access to the hospital via the dedicated right turn lane from Main South Road and the Southern Expressway onto Flinders Drive.
Access to the hospital for southbound motorists will be via Sturt Road, then left onto Laffer Drive.
All existing bus stops will be serviced during the detour. Services will be required to detour via Sturt Road, Laffer Drive and across Flinders Drive Bridge onto Flinders Drive. Please visit www.adelaidemetro.com.au for information on changes to bus stops and timetables.
Two further closures of Main South Road and the lowered motorway will be required in early 2020. Information will be provided in advance of these dates.
Please plan ahead, allow extra travel time, take extra care when workers are on site and observe speed and lane restrictions when travelling through the area.
The Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure thanks motorists and all road users for their patience while these important works are undertaken.
The $141 million Flinders Link Project is a joint initiative of the Australian and South Australian Governments.