Look out for bike riders on the road. They can
be hard to see sometimes.
- Check your blind spots before changing lanes or turning.
- Check for bike riders before opening your car door.
- Give way to a bike rider just like you’d give way to any other road user.
- Be patient driving near bike riders, and only overtake when it’s safe.
- On high-speed roads, the draught you create when passing bike riders can knock them over. You must always allow at least 1 metre clearance between you and a bike rider, and 1.5 metres if you’re driving over 60km/h.
- Be extra careful when you see children on bikes.