Follow these guidelines if you're in a crash:
- Stay at the scene of the crash. Failing to stop at a crash you've been in is against the law.
- Exchange your contact details with other people involved in the crash.
- If you can smell fuel, see a fuel leak, or see sparks, move everyone a safe distance away from the vehicle.
- Stay at the scene and help anyone who is hurt. Call 000 if you need an ambulance or fire truck.
- Clear up any debris, such as broken glass, as soon as it's safe to do so.
For more information on what to do if you've been in a crash, go to pages 14-15 of The Driver's Handbook.