- Adelaide's North-South Corridor
- Northern Expressway
- Northern Connector Project
- South Road Superway
- Torrens Road to River Torrens Project
- South Road Planning (River Torrens to Anzac Highway)
- Gallipoli Underpass
- Regency Road to Pym Street
- Darlington Upgrade Project
- Southern Expressway Duplication
- Additional Works
The Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure is increasing the employment and training of Aboriginal groups, local people with barriers to employment and trainees/apprentices/cadets through the Southern Expressway Duplication project.
This achievement is in response to the Government of South Australia’s Workforce Participation in Government Construction Procurement Policy which has set a workforce participation target of 15% for major infrastructure projects in South Australia.
This target is broken down into the following groups and target percentages:
- Aboriginal people
- Local People with a Barrier to employment
The project team is committed to meeting these targets - current figures are evidence of this (as of August 2014):
- 3.59% of the workforce is Aboriginal people (target 2%)
- 19.66% of the workforce is Local people with a barrier to employment (target 2%)
- 8.27% of the workforce is Apprentices/Trainees/Cadets (target 7%)
- 2.57% of the workforce is people to be up-skilled through employment on the project (target 3-4%)
Additionally, just less than 58 per cent of the Southern Expressway Duplication project workforce consists of southern Adelaide residents.