Regency Road to Pym Street
Regency Road to Pym Street upgrade
The Australian and South Australian Governments have jointly committed $354.3 million to construct the project as part of their overall commitment to build a non-stop North-South Corridor.
The project includes the design and construction of a new 1.8 kilometre section of non-stop motorway along South Road, as part of Adelaide’s North-South Corridor initiative.
The new Regency Road to Pym Street motorway will connect the completed motorway sections to the north of Regency Road (South Road Superway) to the completed motorways section (Torrens Road to River Torrens Project) terminating north of Torrens Road. This will result in a 47 kilometre non-stop motorway between Gawler and the River Torrens, and continues to deliver on the Australian and South Australian Governments’ commitment to complete the North-South Corridor.
The project comprises an at-grade motorway from the existing motorway infrastructure to the north (South Road Superway); an overpass of the motorway over Regency Road; and an at-grade motorway from Regency Road to Pym Street, transitioning to the lowered motorway infrastructure (Torrens Road to River Torrens Project). The concept design includes:
- A 1.8 kilometre section of non-stop roadway, providing three lanes in each direction (at-grade).
- Two lanes in each direction on the South Road surface road, providing access to the surrounding community and local businesses.
- An overpass over Regency Road (three lanes in each direction). Two lanes in each direction (at-grade) on the surface roads underneath.
- Left in and left out only access at Pym Street.
- Full access to and from the non-stop motorway at Regency Road.
- Intersection upgrade at Regency Road.
- Improved cycling and pedestrian facilities.
- A grade separated pedestrian and cycle overpass over South Road in the vicinity of Pym Street.
- Landscaping and noise barriers.
The project once complete will deliver travel time savings of up to 8 minutes during peak periods (or 4.5 minutes on average) on South Road between Regency Road and Pym Street.
DPTI COVID-19 Response
To help safeguard the DPTI project team and the community, we have implemented measures to manage the risks of, and our response to, contracting COVID-19.
These include but are not limited to, increased personal hygiene practices and limiting face-to-face contact.
The project team will provide construction updates and work notifications via social media, letterbox drops, emails and the Project website. We are also available to speak via telephone (1300 794 880).
We encourage the community to register for email updates.
There will be no planned community events or information sessions until further notice.
Successful tenderer announced for the North-South Corridor, Regency Road to Pym Street Project
The Australian and South Australian Governments have announced the successful tenderer for the major works contract on the $354.3 million Regency Road to Pym Street Project.
A consortium of McConnell Dowell Constructors (Aust) Pty Ltd, Mott MacDonald Australia Pty Ltd and Arup Group Pty Ltd, will design and construct a new 1.8-kilometre motorway along South Road, connecting the South Road Superway to the Torrens to Torrens Project.
To view the full media release please click here.
For more information on the project construction phase please: