An active and sustained Way2Go partnership establishes a sound foundation with the partners working together to maximise the benefits to the whole school community. This uses the available resources and expertise in the most efficient and effective way. The partnership relies
on a sustained process.
Teachers, leaders, students and governing council
Traffic engineers, technical staff, sustainability and community development officers and others
School Community Partnerships Team
- work within the curriculum and whole school ethos supporting parent and student leadership for safe and active travel.
- partner with DPTI to carry out site investigations and local precinct management improvements
- install signage, develop and support a culture of cycling
- establish links with community programs to improve road safety and facilitate walking and cycling.
- supports focus teachers, school leadership and the school community
- brokers broader DPTI support for school precinct improvement
- convenes annual teacher
professional development workshops
- provides financial support for targeted and innovative local initiatives
- provides signage and crossing equipment
- partners with local councils to carry out site investigations and traffic initiatives that support a culture of cycling.