Pre-lodgement Case Management Service
The pre-lodgement case management service was introduced to development in metropolitan Adelaide to improve design and planning outcomes. The service is a free, voluntary and confidential process in which proponents and key decision-makers work together to streamline development applications.
The service aims to:
- reduce assessment time of development proposals
- provide progressive certainty by resolving planning and design issues up front
- facilitate pre-lodgement agreements that eliminate the need for agency referrals
- allow proponents to obtain feedback from SCAP during the development of their proposal
- advise proponents on how to submit a complete application when and where as required.
Where the Pre-lodgement Case Management Service Applies
The pre-lodgement service is available for developments that meet the criteria below.
- Adelaide City - $10 million in value or more within the City of Adelaide (view Development Plan)
- Inner Metropolitan Adelaide - Five storeys or more in height within the Urban Corridor Zone as described in the Council Development Plans of:
- Holdfast Bay - five storeys or more in height within the District Centre (Jetty Road) Zone and Residential High Density Zone (view Development Plan)
- Port Adelaide Enfield - $3 million in value or more within the Port Adelaide Regional Centre Zone (view Development Plan).
Apply for the Pre-lodgement Service
You can request the pre-lodgement service at any stage of your proposal by making an appointment with the department's investment team. Please note the service is usually most effective when accessed in the early stages of a proposal.
Inner Metro Growth
Level 5, 50 Flinders Street
Adelaide SA 5000
Phone: 1800 752 664 (Option 3)
Downloads and Fact Sheets
- Form: Application form to commence pre-lodgement service (PDF, 1222 KB)
- Checklist: Checklist of materials required for lodgement with DAC (PDF, 105 KB)
- Flow chart: Pathways flow chart comparing the application process with/without the pre-lodgement service (PDF, 67 KB)
- Fact Sheet 1: Overview of the process (PDF, 239 KB) / Overview of the process (simplified Chinese) (PDF, 586 KB)
- Fact Sheet 2: Step-by-step guide to the service (PDF, 321 KB)
- Fact Sheet 3: Referrals and pre-lodgement agreements (PDF, 247 KB)
- Fact Sheet 4: Government Architect and the Design Review Panel (PDF, 244 KB)
- Fact Sheet 5: Airports (PDF, 289 KB)
- Fact Sheet 6: Affordable housing (PDF, 420 KB)
- Fact Sheet 7: State heritage (PDF, 243 KB)
- Fact Sheet 8: Conditions and Reserved Matters (PDF, 231 KB)
- Fact Sheet 9: Presenting to the Inner Metropolitan Development Assessment Committee (IMDAC) (PDF, 361 KB)
- Fact Sheet 10: Noise in planning (PDF, 299 KB)
- Fact Sheet 12: Community engagement %asset_summary_121124 (PDF, 272 KB)%
- Fact Sheet 13: Port Adelaide Development Assessment Committee (PADAC) (PDF, 317 KB)
- Fact Sheet 14: Preparing a site context report (PDF, 237 KB)