Win a lifejacket terms and conditions
Competition terms and conditions
Enter via DIT Marine Safety SA email email@example.com
- The promoter of this competition is the Department of Infrastructure and Transport (DIT) of the South Australian Government.
- The competition commences at 9.00am on Tuesday 22 June 2021 and closes at 5.00 pm on Tuesday 20 July 2021.
- The winning competition participant will receive a lifejacket, valued at up to $100.
- The prize is not transferable for cash.
- Entries must be received during the Promotional Period. DIT accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries.
- Entry to the competition is free and is limited to one entry per person.
- Each entry must be an original work that does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party.
- All entries must be a high resolution (preferably 1 Megabyte or higher) static image suitable for electronic publishing and high-quality printing.
- Competition participants must provide a valid email address. Any entries without a valid email address will be deemed ineligible to win.
- Entry is open to South Australian residents only. DIT reserves the right to request the winner to produce proof of identity, proof of age, and proof of South Australian residency status. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of DIT. If identification required by DIT is not received by DIT (or its nominated agent) the winner's entry will be deemed invalid.
- Under conditions of the SA Public Sector Code of Ethics, DIT employees and other SA Government employees can enter the competition, but they and their immediate families are ineligible to win the prize.
- The winning photo will be chosen based on aesthetics and photography skill in the manner determined by DIT’s sole discretion. DIT’s decision is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- DIT’s decision regarding a winner is final and will not enter into correspondence regarding the prize draw or winning entries.
- The winning competition participant will receive a notification which will include instructions on how to claim the prize.
- The winning competition participant will need to provide their postal address, in order for the prize to be mailed to them, alternatively they may arrange to collect the prize in person during business hours from DIT Regency Park Office at 13 Kateena Street, Regency Park SA.
- The prize must be claimed within 30 days from notification. If mailing details are not provided or it is not collected by this date the prize will be deemed forfeited.
- Competition participants hereby grant the South Australian Government; nonexclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, assignable, worldwide, transferable, royalty-free, licenses to: reproduce, modify, distribute, publicly display, broadcast, publish, and use the competition participant’s entry photo, without any restrictions.
- Any photo submitted by competition participants (including the winning photo) may be used for promotional purposes via the Marine Safety SA website, Marine Safety SA Newsletter, social media and any other purpose by the South Australian Government.
- The Government of South Australia accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the prize winnings.
- DIT shall not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss), damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (including but not limited to that arising from any person's negligence) in connection with this competition, except any liability that cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law)
- DIT reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and reserves the right to disqualify any competition participant for tampering with the entry process or for submitting an entry which is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, or if the competition participant is engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the competition. DIT’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- DIT reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition at any time.
- Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance by the competition participant of these terms and conditions.