BOM Weather app now with marine features
3 February 2021
Safe boating means checking the weather before you head out and keeping an eye on the weather. The Bureau of Meteorology has made this easy by adding new marine features to the BOM Weather app. The new features include:
- marine forecasts and warnings for the days ahead;
- hourly wind forecast and gusts in knots for the next 72 hours;
- 3-hourly total wave height and direction information for the next 72 hours;
- high and low ride times for the days ahead; and
- moon phase for today and the days ahead.
The marine update complements hourly and 7-day forecasts, severe weather warnings and radar already available.