18 Jan 2019
New lifejacket laws came into effect in South Australia on December 1st 2017 to require lifejacket wearing on boats in certain circumstances. Click on this link to view lifejacket requirements, or call 1300 183 046 to obtain a print copy.
The OLD4NEW lifejacket upgrade voucher exchange program helps boaters to upgrade their old lifejackets for new, safer types which are comfortable and functional.
Marine Safety Officers will be visiting metropolitan and regional locations from January to March 2019 and will accept old, damaged, non-compliant or unsuitable lifejackets from the public in exchange for a $20 OLD4NEW voucher. Vouchers can be redeemed at any of the participating stores below when purchasing a new lifejacket as long as it meets the Australian Standard AS 4758.
Find full terms and conditions at the bottom of this page.
OLD4NEW lifejacket upgrade vouchers can be redeemed upon the purchase of a new lifejacket, at any of these retail partner stores. You will recognise the OLD4NEW posters in their stores.
Watch out for new additions during the 2018-19 OLD4NEW program.
Adelaide Shores Marine
1 Barcoo Road, West Beach
1 Philip Highway, Elizabeth
485 Main North Road, Gawler
BCF Gepps Cross
720 Main North Road, Gepps Cross
941-945 Marion Road, Marion
9-13 Smart Road, Modbury
BCF Mount Barker
Tenancy E Dutton Road, Mount Barker
2 Seaman Road, Noarlunga
BCF Port Adelaide
228-232 Port Road, Port Adelaide
340 South Road, Richmond
27 Byre Avenue, Somerton Park
Christies Beach Marine
19 Sherrifs Rd, Lonsdale
30 Donegal Road, Lonsdale
58 David Terrace, Kilkenny
North Haven Marine Shop
1/23 Alexa Road, North Haven
Cnr Old Port Road & Tapleys Hill Road, Royal Park
Spot on Salisbury
1730 Main North Road, Salisbury Plain
Tackle World Adelaide Metro
1/612 Port Road, Allenby Gardens
Twister Ski Shop
43 Audrey Avenue, Blair Athol
Whitworths Marine & Leisure
85 St Vincent Street, Port Adelaide
949 South Road, Melrose Park
Deja Vu Ski & Board
34-36 Randell Street, Mannum
98 Renmark Avenue, Renmark
Renmark Bikes & Boats
253 Renmark Avenue, Renmark
Spot on Berri
8 Denny Street, Berri
BCF Mount Gambier
1/249 Commercial Street West, Mt Gambier
Spot on Mount Gambier
93 Commercial Street East, Mt Gambier
349 Commercial Street West, Mt Gambier
Top of the Gulf Marine
6 Loudon Road, Port Augusta
98-104 Main Road, Port Pirie
Andrew Wotton Marine
39 Smith Road, Ceduna
Ceduna Camping and Fishing
52 Poynton St, Ceduna
Killas Streaky Bay
48 Wells Street, Streaky Bay
Port Lincoln Boat Supplies
7-9 Porter Street, Port Lincoln
16 McKenzie Street, Ceduna
Spot on Port Lincoln
39 Tasman Terrace, Port Lincoln
Tackle World Port Lincoln
16-18 Hallett Place, Port Lincoln
12-14 Bay Street, Port Broughton
Coast Road Motors
4133 Yorke Highway, Ardrossan
Copper Coast Marine & Tackle Wallaroo
3 Owen Terrace, Wallaroo
Maitland Marine Services
1-3 Elizabeth Street, Maitland
Whyalla Foreshore Marine
23 Darling Terrace, Whyalla
Yorke Peninsula Marine
50 Port Road, Kadina
By accepting the voucher, you acknowledge and agree to the following terms:
* A maximum of two vouchers will be granted per person.
* A lifejacket must be relinquished in order to gain each voucher.
* The voucher must be redeemed by the 30th April 2019.
* Persons who wish to participate in the scheme do not need to be the owner of a boat.
* The voucher can be redeemed at any of the participating retailers upon purchase of a new lifejacket which meets the standard AS4758.
* Only one voucher may be used, per lifejacket purchased.
* The voucher may only be used for the purchase of a lifejacket, and may not be used as payment towards any other goods.
* The voucher value of $20 provides a discount on the total price of the lifejacket, including GST.
* Only original vouchers (not copies) are acceptable and redeemable. If a participating retailer suspects any fraud relating the voucher, the retailer may refuse to honour the voucher until DPTI is satisfied that no fraud has occurred.
* The voucher cannot be exchanged or redeemed for cash and no change will be given if the purchase is less than the value of the voucher.
* DPTI is not responsible or liable for lost or stolen vouchers or fraudulent use.
* DPTI reserves the right to modify these terms and conditions at any time.
* DPTI will not be liable for any loss, damage, injury, or death that may arise from a failure of a participant to ensure they have the correct number of lifejackets on board upon relinquishment of a life jacket for a voucher. It is the participant’s responsibility to ensure they have enough life jackets before accepting the voucher.