Marine Parks added to app
31 October 2013
New features have been added to the free My Parx app to allow boaties to see their position in relation to South Australia’s 19 marine parks and receive zoning alerts when entering restricted fishing areas.
The fishing restrictions come into effect on 1 October 2014.
The new marine parks features:
- Updated static custom maps of each marine park that include all marine park zones.
- New marine park zone overlays on the GPS marine parks maps allow you to identify and track your location within a marine park and see where you are in relation to the following zone types:
• Sanctuary zones
• Restricted access zones
• Commonwealth Marine Reserve zones (adjacent to marine parks)
• Existing aquatic reserves (within marine parks)
• Shore-based recreational line fishing exemptions within some sanctuary zones
- You can opt to receive marine park zone alerts when you enter a zone that provide information including restrictions and key dates. Alerts can be turned on and off in settings at anytime.
My Parx is a world-wide app that hosts information on thousands of parks in a number of countries, including South Australia’s 19 marine parks and 20 of the most popular land-based national and conservation parks.
In addition to the three new marine parks features, My Parx provides a basic introduction and description for each park, plus key features and access points.
More information and download app