- Career Opportunities
- Executive Employment Opportunities
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Entry Level Pathways
- Secondary School Work Experience
- Graduate Employment
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander recruitment
- Internship Program
- Pre Employment Declaration Form
- Undergraduate Vacation Employment Program
- DPTI Capability Framework
- Annual report
- Open Government
- Social Media Wall
- Government Employee Housing
- Office Accommodation Services
- Facilities Services
- Property Division
- Building Projects
- Department for Premier and Cabinet (DPC) Circular 028
- DPTI Star Rates - July 2019
- New Whyalla Secondary School Industry Briefing
- DPTI Industry Briefing - 2019
- New WCH - Consultant Industry Briefing - PSC Services - November 2019
- Future Tender Program - November 2019
- Building Projects Infrastructure Delivery - Overview of Role - Nov 19
- Future Tender Program - June 2020
- Future Tender Program - 8 July 2020
- Future Tender Program - 13 August 2020
- Future Tender program - 18 September 2020
- Future Tender Program - November 2020
- Who We Are And What We Do
- Emergency Maintenance
- Hazardous Materials
- Strategic Asset Management (SAM)
- AGFMA Information Systems
- Client Services
- AGFMA News
- Online Forms
- Contact Us
- Technical Guide Notes
- Future AGFMA
- Traffic Volumes
- Keeping Metro Traffic Moving
- Office of Local Government
- Gateway Reviews
- Regional aviation funding
- Forecast Transport Data
- COVID-19 SA Border Information for Essential Travellers
- Getting your head around roundabouts
- National Safe Work Month 2020
- Remote Areas Consultative Group (RACG)
Major works for Birkenhead Bridge
30 July 2020
The $3.73 million State Government funded Birkenhead Bridge Upgrade Project, to ensure the State Heritage bridge’s long term structural integrity and safety for all users, is set to commence on Monday, 3 August.
These essential works are being delivered by local South Australian company McMahon Services Australia Pty Ltd. McMahon Services have successfully delivered a number of projects in South Australia on behalf of the Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure, including the Penola Northern Bypass.
To ensure the works can be undertaken safely and efficiently, temporary access restrictions will be in place for both road and marine traffic.
There will be no access for Marine traffic from Monday, 3 August, for approximately 10 weeks. The bridge will be closed to road users from Monday, 17 August, for approximately eight weeks.
Traffic detours will be via the Port River Expressway, Francis Street, Perkins Drive and St Vincent Street. Pedestrian access across the bridge will be maintained throughout construction.
The majority of works are planned to take place between 7am and 5pm, Monday to Friday and on Saturdays between 7am and 3pm. Should night works be required, adjacent residents and businesses will be provided with advance notice.
The community are encouraged to sign up for updates by visiting: www.dpti.sa.gov.au/infrastructure/road_projects/Birkenhead_Bridge_Upgrade_Works_Project
Road users are asked to use extra caution when workers are on site, follow the direction of traffic management and observe speed limits and traffic signage when travelling through the area.
The works are expected to be complete late 2020, weather permitting.