- Career Opportunities
- Executive Employment Opportunities
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Entry Level Pathways
- Secondary School Work Experience
- Undergraduate Vacation Employment Program
- Graduate Employment
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander recruitment
- Internship Program
- Pre Employment Declaration Form
- DPTI Capability Framework
- Annual report
- Open Government
- Social Media Wall
- Government Employee Housing
- Office Accommodation Services
- Facilities Services
- Property Division
- Building Projects
- Department for Premier and Cabinet (DPC) Circular 028
- DPTI Star Rates - July 2019
- New Whyalla Secondary School Industry Briefing
- DPTI Industry Briefing - 2019
- New WCH - Consultant Industry Briefing - PSC Services - November 2019
- Future Tender Program - November 2019
- Building Projects Infrastructure Delivery - Overview of Role - Nov 19
- Future Tender Program - June 2020
- Future Tender Program - 8 July 2020
- Who We Are And What We Do
- Emergency Maintenance
- Hazardous Materials
- Strategic Asset Management (SAM)
- AGFMA Information Systems
- Client Services
- AGFMA News
- Online Forms
- Contact Us
- Technical Guide Notes
- Traffic Volumes
- Keeping Metro Traffic Moving
- Office of Local Government
- Gateway Reviews
- Regional aviation funding
- Forecast Transport Data
- COVID-19 SA Border Information for Essential Travellers
Gawler rail line closures to be extended
23 April 2020
The Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure (DPTI) advises that the temporary night and weekend closures on the Gawler rail line will be extended from Monday, 27 April to Friday, 3 July, inclusive.
These closures are in place to take advantage of substantially lower patronage numbers and the suspension of the AFL season due to the COVID-19 pandemic. All cancelled services will be replaced with substitute buses.
The closures are required to facilitate works for the Gawler Rail Electrification Project that cannot be safely undertaken with trains operating and to minimise the impact for customers. These works will include trenching within the rail corridor for the signalling system and the construction of concrete footings for overhead wiring masts.
Partial late night closures between Adelaide and Salisbury
Works will be conducted from 9pm each night until first service the following day between Monday, 27 April and Friday, 3 July, inclusive.
To facilitate these works, the Gawler rail line will be partially closed between Adelaide Railway Station and Salisbury Interchange with train services suspended each night between Adelaide and Salisbury from approximately 8:45pm until first service the next morning, with the following services cancelled and replaced with substitute buses:
Last full services to run:
- 8:20pm departing Adelaide
- 7:55pm departing Gawler Central
|Adelaide to Salisbury||Salisbury to Adelaide|
Substitute bus services will operate as closely as possible to existing train timetables.
Trains will continue to operate between Salisbury Interchange and Gawler Central Railway Station during these night partial closures.
Weekend partial line closures between Adelaide and Salisbury
There will also be partial Gawler rail line closures between Adelaide Railway Station and Salisbury on the following weekends:
- From first service Saturday, 2 May to last service Sunday, 3 May 2020
- From first service Saturday, 9 May to last service Sunday, 10 May 2020
- From first service Saturday, 16 May to last service Sunday, 17 May 2020
- From first service Saturday, 23 May to last service Sunday, 24 May 2020.
Further weekend closures may be in place if the AFL season continues to be suspended or is played in closed stadiums.
Weekend full Gawler line closures – Adelaide to Gawler Central
The Gawler rail line will be completely closed between Adelaide Railway Station and Gawler Central on the following weekends:
- From first service Saturday, 30 May to last service Sunday, 31 May 2020
- From first service Saturday, 6 June to last service Monday, 8 June 2020.
Note: a partial line closure between Adelaide to Salisbury has been scheduled for the July School Holidays. Details will be released closer to the date.
For full public transport information please visit Adelaide Metro: www.adelaidemetro.com.au/
DPTI thanks commuters for their patience while these works are undertaken.
The Australian and South Australian Governments are jointly funding the $615 million electrification and modernisation of the Gawler rail line, which will deliver a faster, cleaner and more reliable service, delivering an electrified network through Adelaide from Gawler to Seaford.
The project, which is expected to be completed in 2021, will support increased capacity and future growth for development along the rail corridor and in northern Adelaide.