Southern Expressway/Lowered Motorway and Ayliffes Road access changes 11 and 12 December
10 December 2019
As part of the Darlington Upgrade Project, night works will be undertaken to install a gantry sign on the lowered motorway and Ayliffes Road bridge.
Works will be undertaken at the following times and locations:
8pm, Wednesday, 11 December, until 6am, Thursday, 12 December
- Northbound lanes on the Southern Expressway and the lowered motorway, north of the Marion Road exit will be closed to traffic. Motorists will be directed to exit the Southern Expressway at the Marion Road exit.
- The Main South Road bridge over the Southern Expressway into the lowered motorway will be closed, with motorists directed to use the surface road.
- Southbound lanes of the lowered motorway will be closed between Ayliffes Road and Flinders Drive. The Southern Expressway will be accessible via the on ramp at Flinders Drive.
8pm, Thursday, 12 December, until 6am, Friday, 13 December
- Ayliffes Road bridge will be closed to traffic.
- Northbound motorists on Main South Road, wishing to travel to Ayliffes Road will be required to detour north along South Road, Daws Road to travel east towards Goodwood Road/Daws Road intersection.
Speed and lane restrictions will apply in the vicinity of the works. Signage will alert motorists to the changed traffic conditions.
For more information on the project visit https://dpti.sa.gov.au/infrastructure/nsc/darlington_upgrade_project
Thank you for your patience while these works are undertaken.