Help shape SA’s planning future at upcoming Planning Reform regional events
9 October 2018
Regional communities can find out more about our new planning system by attending drop in sessions this Spring.
The department will be out and about to talk with community about planning and what the new system will mean for them in the following five locations:
- Berri Barmera Council Chambers: Wednesday 10 October, 4.00 – 6.00pm
- Clare Show Markets: Saturday 13 October, 9.00am – 5.00pm
- Mount Gambier – Sorrento’s Café: Tuesday 16 October, 5.00 – 7.00pm
- Whyalla Council Chambers: Monday 29 October, 5.00 – 7.00pm
- Port Lincoln Council Chambers: Tuesday 6 November, 5.00 – 7.00pm
South Australia’s planning reforms are in response to changes in how and where South Australians live, work and play. We are shaping South Australia’s planning future with new policies and regulations around housing, transport, land-use, industry, heritage and the environment.
Our new planning and development system will make South Australia more liveable and prosperous through consistent state-wide planning rules and a simpler system of development assessment - delivered by a modern 24/7 online platform that is fast, flexible and easy to use.
Over the last 12-months significant steps have been taken to deliver this, including:
- the establishment of the State Planning Commission and the Community Engagement Charter;
- the release of inaugural state planning policies, along with several important discussion papers, setting a state-wide vision for the planning system;
- over 30 councils now working to establish regional partnerships and joint planning boards to deliver better planning outcomes;
The new system’s accreditation and assessment schemes are also now taking shape, providing greater confidence in the planning system for all Australians, and the heart of the new planning system, the Planning and Design Code, is being drafted. A new state-wide planning system will be fully implemented by July 2020.
To find out more or to get involved and help shape South Australia’s future visit www.SAplanningportal.sa.gov.au.