Temporary closure of South Road (northbound) from Friday 5 October
28 September 2018
The lowered motorway constructed as part of the $801 million Torrens Road to River Torrens Project will be opened to traffic on Saturday 29 September.
The northbound carriageway of the lowered motorway will firstly open between 10am and midday on Saturday 29 September, with the southbound carriageway being opened between midday and 2pm as part of the staged opening.
From 7pm Friday, 5 October to 6am Monday, 8 October, a temporary closure of South Road for northbound traffic between Royce Avenue, Croydon Park, and Ashwin Parade, Torrensville is required to undertake finishing works, including pavement, asphalting and line marking.
Temporary traffic arrangements are as follows:
7pm Friday 5 October to 6am Monday 8 October
- The northbound lanes of South Road will be temporarily closed to traffic between Regency Road, Croydon Park and Ashwin Parade, Torrensville.
- The southbound lanes of South Road will remain open.
- The South Road intersection with Port Road will remain open.
- Left turns from Hawker Street on to the southbound lanes of South Road will remain open. Right turns from Hawker Street on to South Road will be temporarily closed.
- Pym Street will be temporarily closed at the South Road intersection.
7pm Friday 5 October to 3pm Saturday 6 October
- City bound and westbound movements will remain open at the South Road intersections with Grange Road/Manton Street and Torrens Road.
3pm Saturday 6 October and 6am Monday 8 October
- The South Road intersections with Grange Road/Manton Street and Torrens Road will be temporarily closed to city bound and westbound traffic.
Details regarding detours for heavy and light vehicles are as follows:
- Alternate routes for light and heavy vehicles from 7pm Friday 5 October to 6am Monday 8 October
- Alternate routes for light and heavy vehicles from 3pm Saturday 6 October to 6am Monday 8 October
Some bus routes will be detoured. For more information visit the Adelaide Metro website
Pedestrian access across South Road will be maintained,signage will be in place and traffic controllers will be available to provide assistance where required.
Cyclists should follow the detour routes for motorists or dismount and use the available pedestrian routes and crossings.
Businesses in the area will remain open, please support your local businesses.
Finishing works on the southbound lanes of South Road will be undertaken the following weekend from 7pm Friday 12 October to 6am Monday 15 October with details to come.