Safety improvements to the Main North Road intersection with Dalkeith Road and Smith Road
4 September 2018
Preliminary works for the upgrade of the Main North Road intersection with Dalkeith Road and Smith Road are currently underway, with Telstra early works to commence from Wednesday 5 September.
These works will be completed ahead of the start of major intersection upgrade works later this month.
All roads are expected to remain open to traffic with lane and speed restrictions in place during these works.
Works are expected to be completed in February 2019, weather permitting.
The $3.9 million project will improve safety at the intersection for all road users and will include:
- Installation of traffic lights enabling controlled right turns in all directions
- Installation of left-turn slip lanes on Main North Road
- Installation of bicycle lanes
- New road lighting and pavement
- New signalised pedestrian crossings
Please visit the project website for more information.
DPTI thanks road users for their patience while these important works are carried out.