Temporary road closures for T2T works
08 May 2018
As part of the Torrens Road to River Torrens Project, the T2T alliance will be undertaking major pavement and asphalt works on Torrens Road between the east side of the intersection with South Road to Wright Street.
To minimise disruptions, works will be undertaken from 7pm, Friday 11 May to 6am, Monday 14 May 2018, weather permitting.
Works will include the removal of existing road pavement, laying new pavement, asphalting and line marking.
Temporary traffic arrangements:
- Torrens road will be temporarily closed in both directions east of the intersection with South Road between South Road and Wright Street
- One southbound lane will be maintained on South Road through the intersection
- Two northbound lanes will be maintained on South Road
- The left turn from South Road southbound on to Torrens Road (eastbound) will be temporarily closed
- The right turn from South Road northbound on to Torrens Road (eastbound) will be temporarily closed
- All other movements at the intersection will be maintained
- Tait street, east of South Road, will be temporarily closed at South Road with traffic redirected to Bishop Street
It is business as usual for businesses on South Road and adjacent side streets, with alternative customer access arrangements in place where required.
Pedestrian and cyclist access will be restricted, with detours in place.
For information on affected Adelaide Metro services, please visit www.adelaidemetro.com.au for more information.
Lane and speed restrictions will be in place in the vicinity of the works. Signage will be in place to alert motorists of the changed traffic conditions, alternative routes for light and heavy vehicles and local detours will be in place. Please visit www.t2talliance.com.au for details.
Thank you for your patience while these important works are undertaken.