New Adelaide Metro fare options offer great savings
3 April 2018
Travel across the Adelaide Metro network will be cheaper for commuters as a number of metroCARD fare reductions come into effect from today.
The cost to purchase a metroCARD has been scrapped, along with other fare changes including free travel on Adelaide Metro services for primary school groups, a reduction in price for the 28 Day Pass, and a new 14 Day Pass.
The changes include:
- Reduced Regular 28 Day Pass from $124.50 to $99 – save $25.50
- Reduced Concession 28 Day Pass from $62.20 to $49 – save $13.20 saving
- Reduced Student 28 Day Pass from $41.50 to $25 – save $16.50 saving
- Introduction of a new 14 Day Pass – $60 for Regular, $29.50 for Concession and $15.10 for Students
- Abolish the $5 purchase for a Regular metroCARD and the $3.50 purchase fee for a Concession and Student metroCARD. A $5 minimum balance is still required on the card.
- Free travel for primary schools groups between 9.30am and 3pm weekdays including school holidays.
- Remove $10 annual fee to access Adelaide Metro bike cages.
Along with these changes is the availability of new metroCARDs depicting iconic South Australian locations including the Rundle Mall pigs and the River Torrens.
The images were selected from 130 pictures submitted in the #MySAmetroCARD competition, in which entrants were invited to post their own images of favourite destinations within South Australia.
The winning images are:
- Cockle Train, Investigator Beach, by Peter Michalak
- Piccaninnie Ponds, by Luke Baade
- River Murray, Bowhill, by Ashley Hutchison
- Rundle Mall pigs by Cindy Dennison
- Sugarloaf, Hallett Cove, by Craig Shillabeer
- River Torrens, Karrawirra Parri also by Craig Shillabeer
The new cards will be available from 3 April as Regular, Concession and Student metroCARDs.
For information about Adelaide Metro fares please visit: https://www.adelaidemetro.com.au/Announcements/News/New-fare-options-great-savings
For information about bike cages at key transport locations please visit: https://www.adelaidemetro.com.au/Using-Adelaide-Metro/Bikes