- Career Opportunities
- Executive Employment Opportunities
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Entry Level Pathways
- Secondary School Work Experience
- Graduate Employment
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander recruitment
- Internship Program
- Pre Employment Declaration Form
- Undergraduate Vacation Employment Program
- DPTI Capability Framework
- Annual report
- Open Government
- Social Media
- Government Employee Housing
- Office Accommodation Services
- Facilities Services
- Property Division
- Building Projects
- Department for Premier and Cabinet (DPC) Circular 028
- DPTI Star Rates - July 2019
- New Whyalla Secondary School Industry Briefing
- DPTI Industry Briefing - 2019
- New WCH - Consultant Industry Briefing - PSC Services - November 2019
- Future Tender Program - November 2019
- Building Projects Infrastructure Delivery - Overview of Role - Nov 19
- Future Tender Program - June 2020
- Future Tender Program - 8 July 2020
- Future Tender Program - 13 August 2020
- Future Tender program - 18 September 2020
- Future Tender Program - November 2020
- Future Tender Program - 4 March 2021
- Future Tender Program - 1 April 2021
- Future Tender Program - June 2021
- Who We Are And What We Do
- Emergency Maintenance
- Hazardous Materials
- Strategic Asset Management (SAM)
- AGFMA Information Systems
- Client Services
- AGFMA News
- Online Forms
- Contact Us
- Technical Guide Notes
- Future AGFMA
- Traffic Volumes
- Keeping Metro Traffic Moving
- Office of Local Government
- Gateway Reviews
- Regional aviation funding
- Forecast Transport Data
- COVID-19 SA Border Information for Essential Travellers
- Getting your head around roundabouts
- National Safe Work Month 2020
- Remote Areas Consultative Group (RACG)
- A simpler way to navigate
Construction of Eyre Peninsula overtaking lanes will improve safety and efficiency for road users
13 February 2018
The Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure (DPTI) advises motorists that works have begun on the construction of three new overtaking lanes on the Lincoln, Eyre and Augusta Highways.
Lucas Total Contract Solutions Pty Ltd was awarded the $4.4 million contract to undertake the design and construction of the three overtaking lanes, located at:
- Lincoln Highway – southbound overtaking lane between Port Augusta and Whyalla, approximately 39 kilometres south west of Port Augusta.
- Augusta Highway – northbound overtaking lane between Port Pirie and Port Augusta, approximately 50 kilometres south of Port Augusta.
- Eyre Highway – northbound overtaking lane between Port Augusta and Whyalla, approximately 25 kilometres south west of Port Augusta.
The construction of overtaking lanes aims to reduce the number and severity of crashes by providing overtaking opportunities, improving safety and freight efficiency on regional roads, and is expected to reduce crashes by approximately 25 per cent.
Initially, works will commence on the southbound overtaking lane on Lincoln Highway. This will then be followed by the construction of the northbound overtaking lanes on Eyre and the Augusta Highways.
An upgrade of the Eyre Highway junction with the Lincoln Highway will also be undertaken in conjunction with the overtaking lane works.
Traffic control measures will be in place at construction sites to ensure the safety of road workers and the travelling public, with traffic delays to be expected.
Works are expected to be completed by mid-2018, weather permitting.
The projects form part of the broader Australian and State Government’s commitment to regional road safety.
The overtaking lane projects are jointly funded by the Australian Government and the South Australian Government through the Regional Roads Program, while the junction upgrade is funded through DPTI’s Annual Programs.
DPTI thanks the community for their patience during these works and reminds all road users to please take care when travelling through work zones.