REMINDER: North Terrace and King William Street intersection closure from Monday 1 January for City Tram Extension
3 January 2018
The Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure (DPTI) reminds all road users and tram customers that Stage 4 of the City Tram Extension Project will occur from 1 - 15 January 2018.
Stage 4 will involve the installation of overhead wires and tram tracks at the intersection of North Terrace and King William Street.
The intersection of North Terrace and King William Street will be closed to all traffic from 10pm Monday 1 January to 6am Monday 15 January.
During these works:
- Buses will use a designated access lane during events
- Works will be undertaken 24/7 to minimise disruption
- U-turn facilities will be provided at each leg of the intersection
- Car parks open, business as usual
- Right turn into Kintore Avenue will remain open during works
- Works at the intersection will continue at night until 22 January 2018 to finish overhead wiring.
The intersection will be reopened before Stage 2 of the Tour Down Under.
From 1 January until 22 January 2018, there will be no tram services running between Victoria Square and the Entertainment Centre. Substitute bus services will be in operation.
For more information on substitute bus services please visit www.adelaidemetro.com.au
The City Tram Extension Project will deliver a one-kilometre extension of the tram line along North Terrace, from King William Street to East Terrace, and a 350 metre extension north along King William Road to the Festival Plaza Precinct.
For more information on the project visit www.citytramextension.sa.gov.au
Thank you for your patience whilst these important works are undertaken.