- Career Opportunities
- Executive Employment Opportunities
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Entry Level Pathways
- Secondary School Work Experience
- Graduate Employment
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander recruitment
- Internship Program
- Pre Employment Declaration Form
- Undergraduate Vacation Employment Program
- DPTI Capability Framework
- Annual report
- Open Government
- Social Media
- Government Employee Housing
- Office Accommodation Services
- Facilities Services
- Property Division
- Building Projects
- Department for Premier and Cabinet (DPC) Circular 028
- DPTI Star Rates - July 2019
- New Whyalla Secondary School Industry Briefing
- DPTI Industry Briefing - 2019
- New WCH - Consultant Industry Briefing - PSC Services - November 2019
- Future Tender Program - November 2019
- Building Projects Infrastructure Delivery - Overview of Role - Nov 19
- Future Tender Program - June 2020
- Future Tender Program - 8 July 2020
- Future Tender Program - 13 August 2020
- Future Tender program - 18 September 2020
- Future Tender Program - November 2020
- Future Tender Program - 4 March 2021
- Future Tender Program - 1 April 2021
- Future Tender Program - May 2021
- Who We Are And What We Do
- Emergency Maintenance
- Hazardous Materials
- Strategic Asset Management (SAM)
- AGFMA Information Systems
- Client Services
- AGFMA News
- Online Forms
- Contact Us
- Technical Guide Notes
- Future AGFMA
- Traffic Volumes
- Keeping Metro Traffic Moving
- Office of Local Government
- Gateway Reviews
- Regional aviation funding
- Forecast Transport Data
- COVID-19 SA Border Information for Essential Travellers
- Getting your head around roundabouts
- National Safe Work Month 2020
- Remote Areas Consultative Group (RACG)
Regional freight study to determine future options for Eyre Peninsula rail network
13 December 2017
The Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure (DPTI) and Genesee & Wyoming Australia (GWA) will invest $150,000 to deliver an Eyre Peninsula freight strategy and investigate options for the upgrading of the rail network.
SMEC Australia Pty Ltd has been engaged to undertake the $150,000 transport study and business case development.
The rail study will investigate:
- The economic viability of the Eyre Peninsula rail network and examine the infrastructure investment required to upgrade the network to support future rail freight operations.
- The potential to rejuvenate the existing rail network to meet export needs, modelling the cost of alternative supply chain options, and the impact of proposed regional port infrastructure projects.
- Freight infrastructure proposals currently under consideration for Eyre Peninsula that have the potential to impact future grain volumes on the existing rail network.
- The current lower and central Eyre Peninsula freight task across all major industries and identify the optimal modal mix for the Eyre Peninsula.
The strategic investigation will form part of the broader freight study encompassing the lower and central Eyre Peninsula including rail, road and port infrastructure.
The final SMEC Australia report is expected to be completed in the second quarter of 2018.
The need to investigate rail improvements on the Eyre Peninsula is identified in the State Government’s Integrated Transport and Land Use Plan.