Temporary South Road closure for T2T works
22 November 2017
As part of the $801 million Torrens Road to River Torrens Project, southbound traffic on South Road between Torrens Road and Forster Street will be temporarily closed for pavement and asphalt works from Friday 24 November.
The following traffic restrictions will be in place from 8pm Friday 24 November to 6am Monday 27 November, weather permitting.
- South Road (southbound) will be temporarily closed between Torrens Road and Forster Street.
- Left and right turns from Torrens Road on to South Road (southbound) and the u-turn facility at the intersection of South Road and Torrens Road will only be available to traffic accessing businesses.
- Hawker Street will be temporarily closed at South Road.
- Left and right turns from South Road on to Torrens Road will be maintained.
- Local detours will be in place. Traffic delays can be expected on South Road and Torrens Road.
- Some intermittent local road closures at South Road.
Signage will be in place to alert motorists, pedestrians and cyclists to the changed traffic conditions. South Road (northbound) will remain open.
Businesses in the area will remain open. Please support your local businesses.
Bus routes 251, 252, 253, 254 and N254 will be affected during this time, with detours in place. Signage will be in place at affected bus stops to direct passengers.
Alternative routes for heavy and light vehicles and local access detours will be in place, please visit www.t2talliance.com.au/construction/traffic
For more information on public transport, please call the Adelaide Metro InfoLine on 1300 311 108 or visit www.adelaidemetro.com.au
For real time roadwork information download the AddInsight app for Apple (https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/addinsight/id1099048200) or Android (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=au.gov.sa.addinsight), or visit the Traffic SA website at www.traffic.sa.gov.au.
Thank you for your patience while these important works are undertaken.