Heysen Tunnels routine maintenance works
1 November 2017
Motorists are advised there will be partial closures of the Heysen Tunnels to allow crews to carry out wall cleaning and essential safety maintenance for electrical systems.
Every effort will be made to reduce the impact on motorists by conducting these work during off peak times.
The below lane restrictions and applicable detours will be in place:
Wednesday 8 November
- Crafers bound tunnel lane restrictions (closure of one lane) from 8:30am until 4:00pm
- Adelaide bound tunnel lane restrictions (closure of one lane) from 9:00am until 4:30 pm
Thursday 9 November
- Adelaide bound tunnel lane restrictions (closure of two lanes) from 6:00pm Thursday 9 November until 4:00 am Friday 10 November.
- Crafers bound tunnel lane restrictions (closure of two lanes) from 8:00pm Thursday 9 November until 4:00am Friday 10 November
Friday 10 November and Saturday 11 November
- Adelaide bound traffic will be detoured via Eagle on the Hill from 7:00pm Friday, 10 November until 8:00am Saturday, 11 November
- Crafers bound traffic will be diverted into one lane of the Adelaide bound tunnel from 10:00pm on Friday 10 November until 8:00am Saturday 11 November
Emergency vehicles will have access to the tunnels at all times. Speed restrictions will be in place at this location while the maintenance work is undertaken.
The safety of workers and the general public is paramount so please take care when travelling through work zones.
For real time roadwork information download the AddInsight app for Apple (https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/addinsight/id1099048200) or Android (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=au.gov.sa.addinsight), or visit the Traffic SA website at www.traffic.sa.gov.au.
The Department of Planning, Transport, and Infrastructure thanks motorists for their patience.