Next stage for City Tram Extension
10 October 2017
The Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure (DPTI) advises that Stage 3 of the City Tram Extension Project will occur from Sunday 22 October to Monday 6 November 2017.
Stage 3 will involve the installation of tram tracks along King William Road between North Terrace and the Adelaide Festival Plaza Precinct.
During these works, the following restrictions will be in place:
- The u-turn facility near Festival Plaza will be permanently removed.
- The right turn into Festival Drive will be temporarily removed during construction.
- Traffic along King William Road will be restricted to two lanes in each direction between North Terrace and the Adelaide Festival Plaza for the duration of Stage 3 works.
- Access along King William Road footpaths will be maintained.
- The pedestrian crossing at the Festival Centre will be temporarily removed for the duration of the works.
- The intersection of North Terrace and King William Street/Road will not be affected.
Tram and bus services will operate as normal.
There will be minimal impact to the Festival Theatre as it is closed for redevelopment and will reopen in December 2017.
The City Tram Extension Project will deliver a one-kilometre extension of the tram line along North Terrace, from King William Street to East Terrace, and a 350 metre extension north along King William Road to the Festival Plaza Precinct.
Stage 4 works are scheduled to commence early next year.
For real time roadwork information download the Addinsight app for Apple or Android at www.addinsight.com.au/app, or visit the Traffic SA website at www.traffic.sa.gov.au
For more information on the project visit www.citytramextension.sa.gov.au
Thank you for your patience whilst these important works are undertaken.