Improvements for Main South Road junction
17 August 2017
Safety will soon be improved at the Main South Road junction with Hillier Road, Morphett Vale, with works already underway.
The Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure (DPTI) advises that upgrading this junction will assist to address the number of right angle and rear end crashes at this location.
Between 2010 and 2014, there were five right angle crashes and one rear end crash at the Main South Road junction with Hillier Road.
- The safety improvements will include:
- Installation of a new left turn lane from Main South Road into Hiller Road.
- Realignment of the right turn lane from Hiller Road into Main South Road.
- Permanent closure of existing access to Hiller Road from Main South Road.
- Installation of a new bike lane on Main South Road.
- Installation of a reversing bay on Hillier Road.
- Installation of new street lighting.
Works will be undertaken between 7am and 5pm, Monday to Saturday, and are expected to be completed by end of December 2017, weather permitting. Some night works will be required with local residents notified in advance.
Roads will remain open to traffic with a 25 km/h speed restriction in place while workers are on site. Temporary detours, lane and speed restrictions may apply subject to weather and on site conditions.
DPTI will make every effort to minimise impacts to road users and will ensure that access to properties and businesses will be maintained throughout the works.
The $536 000 project is funded by the South Australian Government’s Asset Improvement Program.
For more information, please email DPTI at email@example.com or call the project team on 1300 794 880.
DPTI thanks road users for their patience while these important safety works are undertaken.