Night and weekend works at Hawker Street, Ridleyton
19 July 2017
As part of the Torrens Road to River Torrens Project, the T2T Alliance will be undertaking bridge works and service relocations over two weekends at the South Road intersection with Hawker Street, Ridleyton.
To minimise disruptions to peak hour traffic, the works will be undertaken from 7pm Friday, 21 July, to 6am Monday, 24 July, and 7pm Friday, 28 July, to 6am Monday, 31 July.
The following temporary traffic arrangements will be in place during these works:
- Hawker Street will be temporarily closed at South Road.
- Northbound traffic will not be permitted to use the U-turn facility at Bedford Street to head south and motorists will be detoured via the Tait Street U-turn facility.
- The U-turn facility at Dartmouth Street will be temporarily closed. A temporary U-turn facility will be available at Bedford Street for southbound traffic to head north.
- Temporary local detour routes will be in place and signage will alert motorists to the changed traffic conditions.
- Pedestrian access will be maintained under the direction of traffic controllers.
Speed restrictions will apply in the vicinity of the works and signage will be in place to alert motorists to the changed traffic conditions. Road users are requested to take extra care when workers are on site, and observe traffic signage and restrictions.
For more information, including the temporary local detour routes for motorists, cyclists and pedestrians, please visit: www.t2talliance.com.au.
Buses will be detoured, and Bus Stop 14 (inbound and outbound) on Hawker Street and Bus Stop 15 (inbound and outbound) on South Road will be temporarily closed. Signage will be in place to direct passengers to the nearest available bus stop. Please visit the Adelaide Metro website for more information at www.adelaidemetro.com.au.
DPTI thanks road users for their patience while these important works are undertaken.
For real time roadwork information download the AddInsight app for Apple (https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/addinsight/id1099048200) or Android (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=au.gov.sa.addinsight) at www.addinsight.com.au/app, or visit the Traffic SA website at www.traffic.sa.gov.au.