Road management plan released for Fosters Road
23 May 2017
The Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure (DPTI) has released the final Road Management Plan for Fosters Road following extensive community consultation.
The Road Management Plan (RMP) provides both an overview of the existing traffic operational safety issues as well as recommendations for remedial improvements on Fosters Road between Grand Junction Road and North East Road, within the City of Port Adelaide Enfield.
The RMP focuses on identifying potential short to medium term road projects along Fosters Road which takes into account:
- The role and function of the road
- The needs of all modes of transport - freight and cars, buses, bicycles and pedestrians
- Community and stakeholder needs and expectations
- Ensuring that any treatments are consistent with known longer term plans for the road or area
- Ensuring proposed treatments follow appropriate standards and guidelines for safety, consistency and effectiveness.
The development of the RMP followed community concerns about pedestrian safety and the increase in traffic caused by the Lightsview residential development.
Consultation enabled the community to be actively engaged in the decision-making process and to assist in finalising details within the RMP for Fosters Road.
The development process also included:
- Research of historical transport investigation records
- Site auditing and assessments
- Analysis of recorded crash data and traffic flow statistics
- Consultation with council officers.
Further information is available at
Funding for any improvements will need to be considered against other state wide priorities in future financial years to ensure that the funds available are allocated to projects where the greatest benefit can be provided to the community as a whole.