Safety improvements to the Main Road Junctions with Gooch Court, Penno Parade North and Downer Avenue, Belair
9 May 2017
Safety will soon be improved for both motorists and pedestrians at the Main Road junctions with Gooch Court, Penno Parade North and Downer Avenue, Belair.
The Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure (DPTI) advises that the safety improvements will include:
- Sheltered right turn lane on Main Road into Gooch Court.
- Sheltered right turn lane on Main Road into Penno Parade North.
- Minor widening of the eastern side of Main Road.
- Installation of a raised median island on Downer Avenue at the junction with Main Road to allow left in/left out and right turn in only.
- Pedestrian refuge on Main Road between Penno Parade North and Downer Avenue.
- Indentation of Bus Stop 24 on Main Road (western side).
- Extension of the existing indentation of Bus Stop 24 on Main Road (eastern side).
- Upgrade to street lighting.
- Installation of new kerbing and line marking.
These works will improve safety by reducing the risk of rear end and right turn crashes.
Works will commence the week of 15 May 2017 and be completed by the end of June 2017, weather permitting. The works will be undertaken between 9am and 4pm, Monday to Friday.
All roads will remain open to traffic with a 25 km/h speed restriction in place while workers are on site. Lane and other speed restrictions may apply subject to onsite conditions.
DPTI will make every effort to minimise impacts to road users and will ensure that access to properties will be maintained throughout the works.
This $609 000 project is funded by the South Australian Government’s Asset Improvement program. For further information please email DPTI at email@example.com or telephone 1300 794 880.
DPTI thanks motorists for their patience while these important safety works are undertaken.