Closure of Port Road between Coglin Street and South Road 7pm Thursday 13 April to 6am Tuesday 18 April 2017
6 April 2017
The Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure (DPTI) advises that Port Road will be temporarily closed between South Road and Coglin Street from 7pm Thursday 13 April to 6am Tuesday 18 April 2017 for pavement and asphalt reinstatement works as part of the $896 million Torrens Road to River Torrens Project.
The timing of these works corresponds with the Easter long weekend and South Australian school holidays, which traditionally has less traffic on major roads.
These works have been planned to be undertaken 24/7 to minimise disruption to businesses and road users.
- Port Road will be temporarily closed between South Road and Coglin Street from 7pm Thursday 13 April to 6am Tuesday 18 April 2017.
- Rose Street and Coglin Street will also be temporarily closed at Port Road during the same period.
- Signage will be in place to direct motorists to local and alternative detour routes (for heavy and light vehicles).
- Signalised pedestrian access will be maintained on both sides of South Road at the Port Road / South Road intersection and on the northern side only of Port Road.
- Cyclist access will be available via the local detours.
- Bus stops 6, 7, 8 and 9 on Port Road outbound and bus stops 5, 6, 7, and 8 on Port Road inbound will be closed during the works, with signage in pace to direct passengers to the nearest available bus stop.
- Eastbound and westbound buses on Port Road will be detoured via South Road/Manton Street and Adam Street.
Signage will be in place to advise motorists of the changed traffic conditions and road users are requested to take extra care when workers are on site, and observe traffic signage and restrictions.
Access to local businesses will be maintained.
Thank you for your patience whilst these important works are undertaken.
For real time roadwork information download the Addinsight app for Apple (https://itunes.apple.com/au/genre/music/id34) or Android (https://play.google.com/store/apps) at www.addinsight.com.au/app, or visit the Traffic SA website at www.traffic.sa.gov.au.
For updates on the public transport impacts, please visit www.adelaidemetro.com.au