Safety improvements at Victoria Road, Largs North
31 March 2017
The Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure (DPTI) will be upgrading the Victoria Road intersection with Strathfield Terrace, Largs North to improve safety.
Between 2011 and 2015, there were a total of 22 crashes including five casualty crashes, seventeen right angle crashes and one fatality at this intersection.
Improvements at this location will include:
- Installation of a raised concrete “seagull island” on Victoria Road preventing movements from Strathfield Terrace across Victoria Road (both eastbound and westbound).
- Installation of a Pedestrian Actuated (push button) Crossing immediately south of the Victoria Road intersection with Strathfield Terrace, to assist pedestrians in crossing Victoria Road.
- Vehicle movements being restricted to left-in and left-out at Strathfield Terrace (east).
- All other vehicle movements into and out of Strathfield Terrace (west) to remain.
- Two U-turn provisions on Victoria Road to the north and south of the intersection with Strathfield Terrace.
- Modifications to signage and line marking and installation of new street lighting.
Works will commence on Monday 3 April 2017 and are expected to be completed by end of June 2017, weather permitting.
The road will remain open to traffic with a 25 km/h speed restriction in place while workers are on site.
Temporary lane closures and speed and parking restrictions will apply subject to on site conditions.
The $700 000 project is jointly funded with the Australian Government providing $400 000 through the Black Spot Programme and $300 000 from the State Government’s Asset Improvement Program.
Should you require further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
DPTI thanks road users for your cooperation and patience while these important works are undertaken.